• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lighting advice for bow fronts

Hey guys,
I think I'm back to being unhappy with the lighting in my tank mainly because idk if its right.. idk if it's too bright to dim not spread evenly ect ..
Currently I'm running 2 kessil 180 tuna blues I got from njtiger and 2 Chinese box LEDs I have set pretty low running mostly blue with very little white just to blend it a bit..
In the past if ran In to this issue with lighting were in just very unsure about it I want something I can plug in set a timer and know it's right for the tank with minimal playing around with settings on my end.
I think 2 issues to consider are the stupid middle support cross beam and the depth of the 90 gallon bow.
20191028_153015.jpg20191028_153030.jpg20191028_153021.jpg
I have attached the above photos to give you the best idea I can of the tanks current lighting situation and size any ideas or suggestions would be great

Personally I think kessils are a great choice for what you are looking for. Kessils don’t allow you to mess with the spectrum. Something most people shouldn’t do anyway. Our tank is 60 inches and I run 5 4 kessil 360x. Plus four t5. However I run the kessils bellow fifty percent.

However with all that said. Pics make tank look pretty good. What exactly don’t you like. Have you used a par meter because without it. It truly is a lot of guess work. And trial and error

Personally I think kessils are a great choice for what you are looking for. Kessils don’t allow you to mess with the spectrum. Something most people shouldn’t do anyway. Our tank is 60 inches and I run 5 4 kessil 360x. Plus four t5. However I run the kessils bellow fifty percent.
I'm sorry I was confused how many kessils and t 5 do you run

However with all that said. Pics make tank look pretty good. What exactly don’t you like. Have you used a par meter because without it. It truly is a lot of guess work. And trial and error
I'm just looking to know that the light setti ng s are correct not to much not to little

You have plenty for a softy. I would think your a little low for SPS and some LPS. But a par meter would give you a better answer
I gotta find one and check out my tank the issue with the chinese box lights is the settings are not easy to figure out 4 channels to adjust and no real telling what the equivlent of intensity is with out a par meter