• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lighting solution feedback

Hi all,

I am looking at my lighting solution this week.

I have a long shallow tank. right now I am FOWLR but do plan on adding some corals short term with a lot of corals long term.

I like the look of mini pendant lights. I figure 5 will suffice.

I have been unable to find a mini pendant I like and am now looking at full size pendants.

Here's what I narrowed it down to, the Kessil A80 or the A360. I like the budget option the A80 presents, Because I have a shallow (18" tall tank I think the A80 will be enough light. But doesn't have pendant look.

The A360 is much more expensive, but also much more significant. Ill likely use the 360 into old age regardless of how my tank tank grows. I also like the 360 for its shape.

The 150 and 160 and smaller profile, but Id rather the best, or the best value.

Would love your feedback.Is the 360 a waste with my tank? maybe there is a similar option I am not aware of?

Rob

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I had 1 A360WE and 2 A150WEs over my 54g corner tank. I love the Kessils and they handled my corals well. Do note the 360 has a 24in spread but as you get near the edges the light is less so you don't want to go edge to edge when dealing with these lights. For the best covage with the 360s you want to try and overlap them, which increase the number of lights you might need, but give a nice look.