• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lights for my cube

I'm wanting to do some new lights for my cube that's tied into my 180. It's mostly dendro and sun polyps. Halimeda and a few macros,Acan and two wells. Looking at the tao trinic LEDs...... Any suggestions?

Twisteds 180 Reef

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
For that size and the corals, I think the Par 38 leds would be just right.

Thanks. That woul fit great over the tank since I can recess it in the beam above. I'll get one tonight. Thanks again!

Twisteds 180 Reef

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have 2 of the PAR38's hanging over my 30 cube. Just put them up about a week or so ago so can't really say much besides they look great.

Cool, I just ordered one from eBay. My cube is 24 gal and is doing great with a 24 wt 10k and an act so the 38 bulb should do it justice. If I hand it, itll be about 6" off the water. If I recess it I'll have about 14". Is that too high?

Twisteds 180 Reef

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have mine hanging about 10" off the water, 14" may be too much. I hung mine on retractors so I can adjust them if need be.