• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lmao

Good news, LEN!

Your aquarium supplies have been carefully picked from Marine Depot's shelves like delicate berries and placed into a wicker basket lined with unicorn fur. With the grace of a ballerina, we tiptoed them to our packing station where Santa's Elves—who work with us during their off-season—prepared your order for shipment.

Your products were methodically placed in each box using techniques taught to us by a former Tetris World Champion. Using a pair of tweezers, we placed hundreds of packing peanuts one-by-one into every nook and cranny to ensure safe transport. We are proud to share with you that our packing peanuts are reusable, recyclable, biodegradable and made using 100% recycled content. They also do not trigger peanut allergies. Eat your heart out, Mr. Peanut.

Twisteds 40 breeder

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Kudos for MD using a simple creative little marketing tool to put a smile on their customer’s face. I chuckled as I read their response. More companies need to do this kind of inexpensive creative stuff. It’s these little things that separate all the multitudes of retailers from the rest.

The ones that stick out in my head are:

1. Glass-holes including a couple pieces of penny candy in their shipping box.
2. Midwest Express airlines baking chocolate chip cookies in flight (aroma in the cabin very noticeable) and giving two warm cookies to each passenger. When I was commuting to Milwaukee in 95-96, it was the only airline I wanted to fly. The few times I had to fly Continental, I was disappointed that I wasn’t getting my cookies.

It’s the little things! Thanks for sharing.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good news, LEN!

Your aquarium supplies have been carefully picked from Marine Depot's shelves like delicate berries and placed into a wicker basket lined with unicorn fur. With the grace of a ballerina, we tiptoed them to our packing station where Santa's Elves—who work with us during their off-season—prepared your order for shipment.

Your products were methodically placed in each box using techniques taught to us by a former Tetris World Champion. Using a pair of tweezers, we placed hundreds of packing peanuts one-by-one into every nook and cranny to ensure safe transport. We are proud to share with you that our packing peanuts are reusable, recyclable, biodegradable and made using 100% recycled content. They also do not trigger peanut allergies. Eat your heart out, Mr. Peanut.

Twisteds 40 breeder

I call BS! How can they outright lie to you like that... Santa's Elves DO NOT have an "off-season". :cool:

Seriously though, that was pretty cool that they went the extra mile to entertain you with their shipping notice. Thanks for sharing Len.

Haha I got the same, didn't notice until now though.

The bottom of the email:

Saying goodbye to such sought-after products is always gut-wrenching. That is why we offer employees unlimited handkerchiefs as a part of our generous benefits package. As your order was whisked away at light speed down our assembly line into the loving arms of the shipping courier, our warehouse elves, with tears in their eyes, joined hands and whispered, "Jábba sô kalîk qonay." We don't speak Elvish ourselves, but they tell us the rough translation is "May these supplies bring stability and success to the aquarium and its owner." Wow, we are getting a little choked up ourselves now. Thanks, elves.

As the delivery truck pulled away from our warehouse dock, a rare double rainbow appeared overhead. That's when we knew the products we had raised since they were mere hatchlings were on their way to a better home. Please take care of them and, we promise, they will take care of you

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I find that to be some great customer service. It is always great to Laugh just for the hell of it.