• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Loaner lights

Hey guys I know this is an odd ask but I'm looking to test out something with my tank to see if I see some improvement,
As some of you know ive been looking into upgrading my lighting because I believe a large issue I am having with my tank relates to the lighting I am using and its setting. But befor I pull the trigger and drop some large cash I was thinking about tesitng this theory out. The purpose of this test is to see if I get a good response from my tank and its inhabitants and obvious signs of rapid improvment. This will help me decided how quick I need to move on the upgrade which in turn will let me,know if I could stash away a bucks here in there and by the quality lights of my dreams or I should start bargain shopping for the next best thing or the thing after that which I can afford sooner rather then later.
So here's the request, if any of you have an extra set of lights laying around doesnt really matter the brand though higher end would be helpful, and you wouldnt mind lending them to me for a short period of time I would be greatly appreciatetive and could even pick them up at the meeting this weekend. Also to give a show of good faith that I won't disapear with said lights I would be willing to share in private all my personal contact info and even leave a deposit with the lender so that way they can feel secure.
Any help would be great
Thanks

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
@Jeremy Brito let me know if you still looking. I have a Kessil A360WE with Kessil controller as well as two Kessil A150 Deep Blue. Seeing how I don't have a tank up and running and dislike seeing them sit I might be willing to loan them to you but my issue is my schedule. Not sure I will have time to get them to you

@Jeremy Brito let me know if you still looking. I have a Kessil A360WE with Kessil controller as well as two Kessil A150 Deep Blue. Seeing how I don't have a tank up and running and dislike seeing them sit I might be willing to loan them to you but my issue is my schedule. Not sure I will have time to get them to you
Definitely interested I could try and plan a trip to you to pick them up any chance they could all be synced together with the same,controller

The A150s are not controlable. They are either on or off no other settings on them. I ran them on my pi controller but basically it acted as a timer
Maybe ill put the two 150s on one,side and the 360 on the other test out the difference what s your schedule like so I can plan a trip to pick them,up

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
please note the 150s are more for bring the color of corals out not really for growth. The 360 is your full spectrum light. I ran 360 in the middle and 150 on each side.

My schedule is always changing but as of right now
Monday - Friday work from 7am until 4pm in Galloway
Monday night (6pm - 9pm) soccer game
Tuesday night coaching soccer from 6 - 7pm
Wednesday night coaching soccer from 5:30pm until 7:30pm
Thursday at the soccer field from 5:30pm until 7:00pm
Friday soccer from 6 - 7 pm
Saturday - family trip planned
Sunday - soccer games from 1:00pm until about 4:00pm

Those are just things I am aware of now lol