• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Local Dog Clubs?

Hey im thinking of buying a new dog when i move. Im thinking of either getting a Husky or a German Shephard or, well i don't know much about dogs yet.

So i was just wondering if there is a local Dog keeping club/website like we have njreefers.com

I'd like to get the dogs locally from a breeder or just an owner with pups so thats why i ask.

-Thanks.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Do extensive research before you get a husky. They are wonderful loving pets that RUN like mad any chance they get, shed like you can't imagine and need a HUGE area to run. Oh and did I mention that they like to dig? Holes the size of small children if left alone in the yard. Too stubborn to be kept in by any physical or electric fence if they set their minds otherwise.

That said, I suggest you checking out a rescue website for any breed that you are looking into. That will generally tell you the good, the bad and the ugly about any breed. This will help you make the ultimate decision into whether or not that breed is for you.

www.dogbreedinfo.com is a good site to get basic info about various breeds that you think you might like as well as links to breeders.

You might want to look for a group on meetup.com
You won't find a website such as this but will find people w/the same breed that have meetups monthly. Many of them can point you to good breeders or rescues and help with good information.