• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Loctite Go2 Glue Reef Safe?

Does anybody know if this glue is reef safe? I ran out of the glue i normally use and was at hd today and ran across this glue. I know you need glue with Cyanoacrylate in it.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-1-75-fl-oz-Go2-Glue-1624417/203437879#specifications

0a960c96-024a-4980-9dfb-d5735ea87b7d_145_zps2a19db84.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It most likely is reef safe.........HOWEVER!

It is not a cyanoacrylate.....this glue (in semi layman's terms) is urethane and silicone based.

The other negative is setup time. Reports of up to three hours before it gets sticky to hold.

And finally, the Technical Data Sheet says, "The cured product is water-resistant, but not suitable for water immersion."

I wouldn't use it!

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It most likely is reef safe.........HOWEVER!

It is not a cyanoacrylate.....this glue (in semi layman's terms) is urethane and silicone based.

The other negative is setup time. Reports of up to three hours before it gets sticky to hold.

And finally, the Technical Data Sheet says, "The cured product is water-resistant, but not suitable for water immersion."

I wouldn't use it!

+1. You can use their super glue gel.