• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking for a new skimmer

I currently have a Tunze 9410. The skimmer is constantly a pain in my ace as it is always requiring adjustments and the littlest disruptions throw it off for days.

I'd like to go the route of a cone skimmer with a smallish footprint and low energy consumption.

Any suggestions?

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
what is the size of your tank and the space you have for the skimmer?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
how soon are you looking to get one? i have one used only for about a year. ASM Protein Skimmer . i can offer you a good price on it if interested. i am breaking down my larger tank very shorty where this is housed

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I can recommend the following.

RO NWB150 <--- tried and true design, i use this skimmer myself and even though it's considered an "older" model - just the best skimmer i have ever owned.

RO 150SSS <--- takes ques from BK Mini series, uses the neweer pump as the latest batch of RO NWB150, looking into this myself if I ever decide to move on from the nwb150.

Eshopps Cone S200 <--- i own the S120 and I love it, the sicce pump it uses is highly regarded.

runner ups.

SCA-301 <-- if you can find this at a good price and if your bio-load isnt heavy
Seaside Aquatics/BM Curve 5 & Eshopps S120 <-- uses the same sicce pump, if your bio-load isn't heavy these are work horses. The Seaside Aquatics and BM are the same skimmer and utilizes a wine body design and the Eshopps is purely a cone shape.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
how soon are you looking to get one? i have one used only for about a year. ASM Protein Skimmer . i can offer you a good price on it if interested. i am breaking down my larger tank very shorty where this is housed
These are the best skimmers out there. I've used the most expensive skimmers on the market and never were less maintenance then the ASM . Adjust it once and never again.