• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking for glass

I'm trying to find some place I can go to or order from so I can get some glass cut for a 12x12x7 tank Id like to bulid. Thoughts? Talking with the LFS they can only get a 12x12x12. I want something shallow for corals at work. I tried emailing Micro-reefs.com but they never got back to me on a quote.

When trying to get into contact with micr-reefs.com about it I was asking for a quote for both. If it's not going to cost that much more for it to be put together for me then so be it. If not, I'll do it myself. I already have a 12x10x7 but it's made from thin glass from Lowes. I'd like to get something thats 1/8 or 1/4. The 12x12x12 at The Fish Factory is made with 1/4 so thats what Im aiming for.

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Check you phone book. You should find a local glass place in there. I know there is one in Freehold and also one in Lakewood.

Not sure were your located but when I was going to do my custom sump I went to south river glass he was very helpful and he stocks and will cut any size you need and only charges for the glass you use. I know some places make you buy a full sheet..

Funny you mention Yellow Pages. I use to work for Normans Auto Glass where they also do windows. So they have glass instock that I could use. I just dont ever want to step foot in that place again. Plus I'm sure they'd rape me on the price. As for paying for a full sheet, that's what Lowes did to me for the 12x10x7. I'm going to look tomorrow and make some phone calls. Thanks guys.

So I received a email this morning from Mike at BroadWay Glass Company in Marlton about getting some glss cut. I'll be asking for a 15x15x7. So when I make the call later this morning I'll let you guys know what he says. I'm real excitied to get my hands on a tank of that dimensions.

Broadway Glass is getting me a 15x15x7 for $20!!!! That's going to be sick. Can't wait to get the glass tomorrow and put this bad boy together.