• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking for ideas!!

I've used custom king on Manhattan reefs alot. He has done about 2/3 sumps for me over the years. TBH though... nothing he did was revolutionary. Most Glass shops including the one right near Fengs Reef can cut and polish glass pieces very easily and at a great price. Siliconing Glass is extremely forgiving. If you messup... remove wipe down with acetone and redo. 5 Pieces of 1/2" Thick glass with polished edges and rounded tops + a few smaller pieces to make baffles shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg. Most glass places have so much scrap that they are glad to cut it down and sell it and if your not a stickler for scratches then even better. They usually have a lot around.

Everything you needed except maybe aquarium grade silicone can be found at harbor freight for less than 50 bucks. This includes some Clamps, 90 degree squares, tape for nice seams and razor blades. You just need a weekend case of beer and a friend.

Don't forget about glasscages.com either man! they can SHIP you your sump or you can pick it up a day in Jersey when they come through! Super cheap!

Yeah I'm leaning more towards a clean looking sump, I've made 2 for previous tanks and while they did the job, they weren't exactly pretty Lol