• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking for some help here

Ok let’s see if anyone can help me out here. My buddy just purchased a max spect Gyre controller for his xf350 pump. He originally ordered the pump first andthought it came with everything which it didn’t. So no he has the pump and controller but is unable to plug the pump onto the wall. The picture posted is the wire connected to his Gyre. He needs whatever adaptor that would plug into that which looks like a 3 prong female and the other end needs to be a plug for the outlet. I have no clue since I do not have these. Anyone with these Gyres if you can help out and let me know what exactly he needs. To get his gyre going. TYIA

Attachments

• DBB21288-C70A-432A-A85E-A6955D92449F.png
    DBB21288-C70A-432A-A85E-A6955D92449F.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
He bought new and said there was no power supply. This is all it came with

Attachments

• 2898DE26-8C2B-40D2-BC7A-76760DDBFCC0.png
    2898DE26-8C2B-40D2-BC7A-76760DDBFCC0.png
    536.5 KB · Views: 6
Listing says "pump only", it still needs the power supply and controller.
The mesh is good if you have nems, bushings he will need eventually once they wear out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210625-153857_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210625-153857_Chrome.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Listing says "pump only", it still needs the power supply and controller.
The mesh is good if you have nems, bushings he will need eventually once they wear out.
It does state 1 power supply with cable. I would report them for false advertising and return it as the pic and description do not match.

That description I posted was what the kit comes with, should of specified that, my bad!

What he bought is pump, mesh and bushings only.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210625-155636_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210625-155636_Chrome.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 3
Yes what he bought is pump only but he thought that would work with the controller Which is the icv6. He is in need of the cable with the 3 prongs

He may have to sell as a spare one amd buy the complete gyre to make it work with the icv6. I think. I’m an Ecotech guy. These gyres are foreign to me. Lol

radiata

NJRC Member
FWIW, CoralVue is actually selling new Maxpect Gyres without controllers or power supplies because they can be plugged directly into their Hydros which handles both functions for these Gyres. (CoralVue | Pumps - Maxspect - BRANDS) Note that CoralVue's prices on their site can be very misleading as the price shown is the lowest price of several items listed on any given web page.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
The gyre pump controllers allow you to
connect two gyres to one controller.
So if you buy one gyre and you want to add another in the future you can buy the “ pump only”option.

They now also have a coralvue controller like bob said.
That allows you to connect 4 gyres to one controller.

At this point you have to buy another gyre with a controller to make that gyre work. Or return it and get a refund.