• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

looking for some rock... the reef kind befor you get funny ideas

Im looking for some small pieces of live or dry rock preferably cured already. maybe 5 or 10 lbs
ive been told a few times my tank can use some more rock but with limited space ive been hesitant to add more rock. recently thinking about my water chemistry and my usually high nitrate levels even with realitivly stable water conditions leaves me to believe i might need more area for biological filteration to build up. i woulda went with some of those marine pure blocks but there so dang expensive so unless any one has some laying around they dont want rock will have to do.
let me know if you any one has some rock they can spare for free trade or sale.

Keep in mind that if you like your aquascape, and have room in your sump. A single piece of any made made engineered stone (doesn’t have to be marine pure) will give you many times the biological filtration than any rock 10 times bigger than it. Plus there is significant evidence that thicker pieces like 4” also contribute to anaerobic Filtration. And that can strongly aid in converting nitrates and removing them from your water. However, Any additional biological is a good thing so it’s not like you would hurt anything by using rock. It’s just that if your thinking along the line of bang for your buck. Those ugly Engineered bricks gives you many many many times the filtration in the same space rock does and therefore technically. Cost less.