• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

looking for someone who builds stands in NJ

anyone in NJ who builds stands ? I'm looking to buy a 180 or 220 tank next month and was thinking of having a stand built/. still debating wether to buy in the LFS or have it built. anyone know the current price if i supply the wood?

Re: does someone who builds stands in NJ

I would be glad to help you build one. I am doing that now. My main reason is the height and price.

It is not that bad at all. There are a lot of plans out there. Check this one out.

http://www.garf.org/stand.html

I will be glad to help. I have a lot of tools and really enjoy doing it. I would not charge you anything if you provide dinner and maybe a couple beers. :)

Close, I am in Somerset. Right down the street. I am in the middle of building my stand if you want to stop by and check it out.

sounds cool , what size tank are you getting? Im really leaning toward the aga 120 especially if a cant get the stand built and save some cash . some of the prices in these lfs stores for stands are crazy! would love to see the stand, is sometime in the weekend ok?

pistolpete said:
anyone in NJ who builds stands ? I'm looking to buy a 180 or 220 tank next month and was thinking of having a stand built/. still debating wether to buy in the LFS or have it built. anyone know the current price if i supply the wood?
so there has got to be someone out there who builds stands for people . I would like to learn how but just dont have the time right now . anyone?