• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking to borrow a glass cutting hole saw

Hey guys does any one have a 1"1/4 or any size glass cutting hole saw I can borrow??
Looking to use it for just a few days to drill the tank and then I'll return it.
I am assumein 1" 1/4 is a pretty standard size for plumbing on reef tanks but if I'm wrong and you have a size that's better suited please let me know

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Good luck drilling the 72g. I was nervous about that cause of the brace so opted for HOB.

I'd suggest to go new on the diamond bit, and buy the guide too. You probably already have the drill you need. I've got a 48mm i could part with (for 1" sch80 bulkhead) but to be honest if it was me I really don't trust how many holes these bits are good for; and you only get one shot - failure is an expensive setback.

Makes sense probably the less ware on its cutting edge the easier it'll grind threw the glass with out causing excess stress. @MadReefer as far as the drilling goes I'm gonna lay the tank on its back support the glass with carpet covered wood to take care of vibrations then drill from the inside out. I feel this will be the easiest and safest method plus it's one I have seen a lot of people with 72 bows using with success.