• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LR Locally?

i want to make my move from my 29 gal into my new 46 bowfront, but i need more LR. Is there a LFS in North/Central Jersey that has good rock on a regular basis? I bought my last batch from Absolutley Fish, 8 months ago, but it was the only real SW place i knew of then.
I was going to order it from aquarium arts, but they're backlogged 2 weeks and i wanted to get things moving monday or tuesday.

Just seeing if there was anywhere anyone could suggest

thanks

Red

I would try the local people first, like the ones on here. Alot of people are willing to help out and sell some spare rock alot cheaper than what you see in the stores, and trust me what is somethimes referred to as "Premium" for $8-$15 a lb, is crap.

Your best bet IS to order a box online and ship it in. Problem is that it is not cured, and curing rock has a way of stinking up the house.

I bought about 100 lbs of my 250 lbs from this guy in Montville. Great guy and great selection. Search Ebay for "live rock montville"

seatrademarine.com he is in marlton, nj and you can drive to his house and pick it up. if he has multiple boxes he'll open them all and let you choose which box. $150 for 50 lbs of fiji premium. great guy, but can sometimes be difficult to get in touch with.