• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

MACNA goodies

So other than the knowledge from the great speakers what other goodies did people bring back?

I'll post pictures later of my orange plate, orange zoos, lobo and coco worm.
I also picked up a lighthouse controller and some other goodies.

I was like a kid in a candy store. So much for my budget this month.

The taxi situation at Pittsburg was horrendous !!!
...it took the driver forever to pick up at the hotel and by the time he fought traffic to the airport, I had to RUN to catch my plane back. Needless to say, this left me with no time to check in and thus the security check point had fun confiscating most of my MACNA goodies :'(

boozeman said:
The taxi situation at Pittsburg was horrendous !!!
...it took the driver forever to pick up at the hotel and by the time he fought traffic to the airport, I had to RUN to catch my plane back. Needless to say, this left me with no time to check in and thus the security check point had fun confiscating most of my MACNA goodies :'(

wow that really stinks!!!

I grab a Yuma rock from Mr. Coral with about 12 polyps for $40. Superman Monti from Dr. Mac for $15 and a cool little white toadstool leather with really long polyps for $20. (yes Phyl a leather). They all made it home just fine.
That stinks Boozeman, what did they confiscate?

Glad we took Rt. 80 home (5 1/2 hrs)

I try and avoid taking any coral onto a plane. Overnight shipping to the house instead.

What did they take from you?

What kind of crazy laws do they have for this? Did they tell you to take a sip? :) Any idea if there is any crazy rule like only 4oz of water per bag or something like that? You got me wondering.

Carlo

PS there is probably one guy who is still home trying to arrange all "his" new corals and frags dreaming of the next convention in town. ;D

well since he has no tank yet... i am sure it wasnt corals.. but he did buy a photo acrylic box.. i hope they didnt take that... what did they take booze?

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I brought back a wicked hang over!

And some nice Dr. Mac corals!

Ok lets get some pics flowing, these are the corals i got, among a bunch of freebies and t-shirts, i had a great time. And i wish i could have met up with you guys more, but i think being in a different hotel made that hard. The speakers were awsome, and there was plenty to see in the trade show.

I picked up a few acans, this teal, and a red and blue striped one.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0049-1.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

I also got a piece or red cap, and it was only $10 which i thought was a pretty good deal

IMG_0069.jpg

I.D. ? Im thinking lobo brain but im not sure

IMG_0058.jpg

This big guy ate my purple pseudo, that made me really mad, but its really pretty and i think im gonna keep it for now.

IMG_0060.jpg

I have a few more but i have to sort through them first.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What is that last thing? Your fish must have been on the way out to get caught by it! Really sorry you didn't get to hang with us more (good thing I caught you on your way by or we wouldn't have gotten a chance to say hi at all!)

Nice red lobo and that cap really looks like it has great PE. Enjoy and be sure to post up some pics as they grow!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Except a bit more "carpet" LIKE (though not really carpety). I've not seen a scoly hanging over like that before. A beauty none the less! Who'd you get it from?

as for it eating the fish idk it seemed healthy, i came home from work one day and there was the tail sticking out of the mouth. I got it from coral brokers, the other stuff i got from dr.mac, and a few from mr. coral.