• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

MACNAXX

MAXNA XX Question

Is it worth bringing an empty cooler as checked baggage to carry frags back? Or does everybody give out shippers? I'm not checking any bags for clothes.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Based on Hanna's current path and intensity, I don't anticipate Hanna being much of an influence. Atlanta is primarily bracing for a bit of rain over the weekend, but surely not the brunt of it.

As for the cooler, I don't think that the airlines will allow you on the plane with liquids like that. Check your airline to be sure!

Phyl said:
As for the cooler, I don't think that the airlines will allow you on the plane with liquids like that. Check your airline to be sure!

Here, let me ask again. Is it was worth taking a cooler as checked baggage to carry frags back? Or does everybody give out shippers?

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nobody gives out shipping boxes at these shows. Just be aware that you are going to be paying a checked baggage fee for that box which could be as much as $50-75 each way. You should check with your airline to see what they will charge you to check that box as baggage.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, ok. I suppose you said checked baggage. Sandee recently had a post about not being able to get stuff home, but I think that she tried carry on. There was some further discussion of checked baggage v. shipping, but I didn't pay attention to that part of the conversation! ;D

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Of course depending on what types of corals you plan on getting you MAY be able to wrap them in wet paper towel, bag them up and bring them on the plane with you. The minute you put water in the bags though, they will be confiscated. They are starting to ship some SPS and I believe zoas in just wet paper without any issues.