• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mag floats

So this is probably a dumb question but I can't find anything on thw package that states in instructions so I'd figures is ask here.
I recently purchased a brand,new mag float on eBay the 125 size. I opened the package and,one side has what looks like Velcro and the other a felt pad.. The instructions say label side of the mag float is on the out side of the tank.
I feel as though there should be a pad attached to the Velcro side but it didn't,come with one nor did it say on the package I needed to purchase or install one prior to use. Is this normal do I need to buy one or is the Velcro like a scrubber ??

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I been using magfloat since day one and just like @Sobo's Reef said pad on the outside and the velcro is the scrubber inside the tank. Now I do suggest once in awhile to take it out of the tank and clean it