• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

magic xenias

i literaly ripped these things off my rocks, like weeds they were everywhere, 2 weeks later they are regenerating, how is this possible?, i thought they were gone!!!!how do i get rid of them? do i need to remove the rocks they were on?now i see why people give them away, the lfs only gave me 27 bucks credit for a whole forest of them.

I would try scraping them off the rock and then putting another rock over it to block any light. Xenia is a tuff kill. It really is a weed.

hey mike, whats up, did you get the skimmer you were asking about?, i even have these damn things popping out from places i didnt think they would grow.

Actually the person selling the skimmer has decided to hold on to it so I'm looking to go another route I guess.

As for the Xenia, it's best to get them isolated on a single rock surounded by sand, that way they won't spread. Keep ripping them off the rock.

Maybe someone that's had a similar problem will chime in.

I had some for about 6-8months then it just melted away... Umm anyways you could try taking the rock out and scrubbing it with a tooth brush to try and get the rest off...

saltwater4life said:
I had some for about 6-8months then it just melted away... Umm anyways you could try taking the rock out and scrubbing it with a tooth brush to try and get the rest off...

ive got 260-270 lbs of rock, where do i begin....lol
im just going to have to keep plucking it off as it grows, maybe it will stop growing after a few times

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I can't keep these alive either. I had two rocks one on each side of the tank. The left side they all melted away. The others are doing okay but doubt they will last long.