• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Man I cant catch a break with this tank!

So after last weeks fiasco with my UV light leaking water into the bulb compartment and doing massive water changes now my freaking sump is leaking! Last night while emptying my skimmer I notice the bottom of my stand wet. Further investigation found that the seal on the bottom edge of my sump was leaking. So my mind went into panic mode closed the valves on the tank and left the powerheads on and drained the sump. I jumped on craigslist at midnight and found a new sump. Drove down first thing this morning and picked it up. Luckily Ive needed a reason to install the Vectra L1 i bought 6 months ago! This is my current state!IMG_3034.JPG

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So after last weeks fiasco with my UV light leaking water into the bulb compartment and doing massive water changes now my freaking sump is leaking! Last night while emptying my skimmer I notice the bottom of my stand wet. Further investigation found that the seal on the bottom edge of my sump was leaking. So my mind went into panic mode closed the valves on the tank and left the powerheads on and drained the sump. I jumped on craigslist at midnight and found a new sump. Drove down first thing this morning and picked it up. Luckily Ive needed a reason to install the Vectra L1 i bought 6 months ago! This is my current state!View attachment 14898

Sorry to hear but kinda went though this myself. One day I noticed my rug by my tank was soaking wet. My sump wasn't leaking but something was going on. I decided it was a good time to pull out the hoses and do PVC and install a new return pump which I purchase months ago. My first temp at the PVC didn't go well and had even a larger leak. But all good now just to bad I now need to break everything down

Sorry to hear but kinda went though this myself. One day I noticed my rug by my tank was soaking wet. My sump wasn't leaking but something was going on. I decided it was a good time to pull out the hoses and do PVC and install a new return pump which I purchase months ago. My first temp at the PVC didn't go well and had even a larger leak. But all good now just to bad I now need to break everything down
Well I wouldnt say Im a plumber by any means. You can def tell that a rookie put it together. I took me like 6 hours to swap out. On the plus side zero leaks! :)