• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

March Meeting thoughts :-)

I would like to thank everyone for coming to my meeting & been able to share as much information as i could with everyone that asked me a question, even though i had so many talkning to me at once & i would also like to apologized to anyone that i was talking to & coulnt get back to,there was so much going on that i was trying my hardest to make everybody feel welcome, I had a great time meeting new members & trading frags with the few that i dint have, I hope everyone liked the food & i hope that my tank was an insparation to the new reefers setting up new tanks, Since the last time i hosted a meeting 2 years ago the tank has gone in to overdrive & i am really happy that u where all able to see how much my tank has grown.
Thank you all for coming

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Steve (and Mrs. Steve), Thank you so much for opening your home and showing off your amazing tanks. I for one was very impressed.

So do you make house calls?? ;D

Erna

Thank you Erna.
i am here to help pass on the knowledge so any thing u need to know just let me know, i do make house calls but only to members that are not to far away so ur one of the lucky ones :)
let me know when u need a helping hand & thank you for the dessert it was awesome.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A Huge turnout for sure and what a great meeting! Your tanks always look great! and confuse me more and more everytime I see them! lol

It was great seeing everyone again.. and meeting the new members!

Good food..tons of frags (which I couldnt participate in... :( )

You were running around like a lunatic at the end.. Hopefully you had time to enjoy yourself.

Here are some pictures for now
great croud.
3-25-06-.jpg

Raffel frags
3-25-06-2.jpg

knowledge talk :)
3-25-06-3.jpg

Oh man what else am i missing !!
3-25-06-4.jpg

ok everyone listen up " we are out of beer!"
3-25-06-5.jpg

no were not !!! LOL
3-25-06-6.jpg

I 2nd that here is to u jason GULP !!!
3-25-06-7.jpg

more knowledge been passed on.
3-25-06-8.jpg

Ok swap time !!!!
3-25-06-9.jpg

Hmmm i'll let u think about this one :)
3-25-06-10.jpg

ok who wanted the white tip
3-25-06-12.jpg

oh man it's over !!!!
3-25-06-11.jpg

& for the ones that kept asking me about the sun coral
but missed the feeding session here it is when it
smelled the food
3-25-06-1.jpg

Steve, I figured your tanks might be a disappointment after seeing the pics for a couple years. They were not, you can tell you have a love for this hobby. I'll be looking for some 10k lights in the next group buy.

Hospitality was great, everything was great.

Looking through your tanks, the only thing I can offer that might improve them, is a piece of one of my Efflos. When I get around to fragging I want to give you a piece to see how it does in you system.

Thanks for eveything

Hef

thanks steve & thanks all NJRC LEADERS!!!

nice place, food, enjoy time with................beers ;D

i want to share steve's tank .....it is real nice & clean

Attachments

• frag swap (1).JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 172
  • frag swap (4).JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 162
What time does it start back up today ;D

Hey I left my sunglasses on your fridge
Bring them with you to work

Jason

AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH, I missed it!!!!!!!!

Steve68, thanks for opening your home. I wanted to be there but got called in to work at the last minute. I can’t even tell you all how disappointed I am. :'(

I was hoping to pick up some frags to help fill out my tank.

Also, I made commitments to HEF for a green slimmer and Whitequall for a candy cane. (Guys, if you got stuck with them I’ll still pick them up.)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What a great gathering. Lots of people, lots to see, lots of food, lots of raffles, you get the idea! We had a great time (even got a special tour of the pond). Unfortunately our camera got trapped behind the food table and welll... we didn't see it until 5:00!

Thanks to you and the Mrs. for opening up your homes and your slice of the hobby to us!

Thanks hef let me know when it's ready :) the 10k's XM are sweet nice & bright
that's just the way i like them, im glad u saw the light LOL
Jason all i can say is O Z O N E  R E A C T O R.
Mantis thanks for posting the pictures i wish i could have taking more
but i had my hands full.
Phyl the little pond i have looks much nicer in the summer, iit's so dirty
now that i dint want no one to see it.
i'm glad all of u had a great time.
oh & diego said thank you for all the Xtra Beer LOL he wont be getting
up any time soon LMAO!!!

Steve,

Thanks to you and Luc (sp?) for opening your house up to us. Sorry I had to leave out so early. I'm dissappointed in not being able to be there for the swap and raffle. Thanks for letting me pick your brain while I was there. I hope that I'll be able to have a system like that sometime in the near future.

Dan

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Had a great time. Great day overall. (Even though Andy made me listen to Opie and Anthony replay on XM all the way back to Toms River. AAArrrrrgggghhhhhh, had to listen to Howard replay on Sirius with the volume all the way up to get re-adjusted.)

Beautiful tanks Steve. Great to see so many new faces!!!! Officers should be proud of the direction the club is taking. I for one really appreciate everyone's efforts.

Steve had a wonderful time, your tanks are amazing... The kids also had a great time with your dogs, which made it even easier on myself :)

thanks

thanks for hosting the meeting bro i had a good time and so my wife , the food was great ,it was good talking to everyone and meeeting new reeefers ,john thanks for the frag i owe you one , good luck in your new hobby "BEE KEEPING" see everyone at the next meeting

Ralph

Steve, thanks for everything, your tanks are absolutely amazing, and I can only dream to one day aspire to that :) I enjoyed the time at the meeting and getting to meet everyone. And hope to see you all at the next meeting :) Thanks for the great Frags everyone and once they are situated in their new permanent home when my new lr finishes curing, I'll post plenty of pics.

-Bill

Steve, 

As a new member that has never been to a meeting I have to say that seeing your tank (s)
and the support setup  was an amazing experience. And though,as a new guy, the feeling of walking into a meeting like that cold is a little intimidating, everyone made me and I'm sure others feel like part of the family. I didn't get a chance to really talk to you but I appreciated the oppertunity to meet everyone.  Thanks to you and your wife for a great experence and I got some nice corals too  ;) 

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Diary of a hobbyist:

Saturday 3/25/06, 12pm - Leave the house feeling really good about the appearance of my reef tank :D

Saturday 3/25/06, 1:14pm - Enter Steve's house and see a 55gal section of a reef cut directly from the ocean :eek:

Saturday 3/25/06, 1:15pm - Proceed through kitchen and come across a 180gal section of a reef cut directly from the ocean :eek:  :eek:

Saturday 3/25/06, 1:16pm - Have my first Yuengling . . . then my second . . . then my thrid . . . can't rid this feeling of inferiority  :(

Sunday 3/26/05, 9am - Collect first specimen of Honey Bee . . . . . . . :'(

REAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYY NICE tanks Steve!  Thanks a million for the hospitality and it was great seeing everyone.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
Diary of a hobbyist:

Saturday 3/25/06, 1:16pm - Have my first Yuengling . . . then my second . . . then my thrid . . . can't rid this feeling of inferiority  :(

I second that! Deb had to drive home! lol