• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Markos Finnex

Well after a batch of bad salt went unnoticed, the tank crashed and I lost most of my corals. Fortunately the fish were unaffected.
Now the tank is making a recovery.
Survivor corals are the plates, acan lord, cyphastrea, mystic sunset monti, and the rr nauti spiral. My starburst cap might pull through, but only with 10% of its tissue.
Added a few new sps I had on hold for months back when I thought it was just an alk swing.
Pics to come.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Very sorry to hear this. Hope the recovery goes well for you.

still have some dead skeletons to remove. the new acros are largely browned out, but they like to do that when messed with.
my white balance was off, sorry about that. things are less greyish in person.
FTS:

orange albhorrensis:

oregon tort (front) and hawkins echinata (rear):

purple nana photobombed by my clown:

pink lemonade:

tenuis:

plates:

mystic sunset:

ice dragon:

nauti spiral:

mummy eye looked dead and beigeish, but then suddenly regained color:

blueberry cyphastrea:

tricolor milli:

acan:

Thats cuz that one was with my actual camera from a week ago. The others are with my phone yesterday cuz I was lazy lol.

New survivor: meteor shower cyphastrea
I now see 3 polyps expanded and alive, but without any surrounding tissue. Since this coral is a slow grower anyway, it's not a very useful survival since it will be a year til I have enough to call a frag. But I might get a frag and add it to the surviving polyps and let them fuse.

wow, havent updated my thread here in some time.
recently had a bit of an algae issue. not sure what kind of algae it even is, but i found out my rodi water was up around 22ppm output - i swapped everything a few months ago, except had only enough DI resin for half the container, so i left half the old resin in and now all of the DI was used up. replaced it and now back down to 0ppm. got a few more cleaners to help speed the algae removal along. also some of my corals got a bit browner from the added nutrients. but maybe in a month or so theyll be colorful again - acros love to take their time.

growth is steady though.