• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Maroon clown

Has anyone mixed a maroon clown with any other clowns? I have 2 perc and a black saddle back that get along together fine, and i was thinking of adopting a yellow stripe maroon from my friend

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
GSM get pretty big and fairly agressive. What size tank do you have?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'd probably pass. Maybe in a 180+ but that's a small space for the potential downside.

Agreed. In a 40, you will either be looking at 3 dead clowns or 1 dead clown depending on whether GSM is bigger or smaller. I think min to attempt this combo is a 6' tank (ie 100, 150, 180, etc.)

Sorry to disappoint but clowns are basically damsels. Only ones that really can mix are A. occellaris and A. percula. The combo you suggested (Maroons + percs) is probably the most frequent one hobbyist want to try. Only success stories I've heard are larger than 6' long tanks and even then it's 50-50. Time for 2nd tank? ;)

calaxa said:
Sorry to disappoint but clowns are basically damsels. Only ones that really can mix are A. occellaris and A. percula. The combo you suggested (Maroons + percs) is probably the most frequent one hobbyist want to try. Only success stories I've heard are larger than 6' long tanks and even then it's 50-50. Time for 2nd tank? ;)

Dont tempt me on the second tank LOL the thoughts are already rolling around in my crazy mind