• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

maxijet mod

I got a mod from the swap , and it does not work like is supposed to .When it turns on is a horrible sound when is runnig like is not balance and not enought flow ,but when i cover some of the cuts it works great and good flow ,is there something else that you can do to stop this and have it work the way it supposed to be ,and i try 2 maxijet 1200 and is the same to both of them any output would be appreciated thanks .

Ralph,
I try mine and it works just fine. only problem I get right now is a mess in my tank due to the suction cup not strong to hold the pump. darn it, it blow sand everywhere in the tank. I need to buy those SureGrip thingy now. anyone know where to buy those suregrip locally?

no luck greg , but what i did was silicone 3 opennigs from the housing and it kind it works , i email them and said they were going to replace it but after 5 e-mails of going back and forth . I try 2 maxi jets and it was the same it may not be balance thats what i think thanks for asking .

I've had the same issue with one of my maxi jet mods. For some reason no matter how many pumps I put the prop in it did the same thing. It seems it wants to turn in the opposite direction. I also noticed the shaft started to rust.

I had the same experiences with a few too,I tried the black imp,and the white imp,the white imp blew the back(top) off the powerhead,had the same occurrence with the imp"turning" or pulsing in the opp direction.Im trying a mod,without the mod...lol I drilled out the bottom of the original housing,to try to get more flow thru the housing,not changing the orig imp..I may mod the rest this way and do away the maxi mod altogether..I hope this made sense.Ralph I have extra imp's if you need them. Let me know