• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

May 2015 Meeting

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
May Meeting

WHEN: May 31st 1-5 PM

WHERE: 418 Cobain Rd, Jackson, NJ 08527. Im 10 Minutes from Six Flags and the Outlets. There is plenty of street parking near my house.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend.

This meeting is open to all members, perspective members and family members (kids welcome). This will be a BBQ style meeting and all participants are encouraged to bring a side dish/desert/drink of choice to add to the food/drink menu. I will provide meat and beer ;-). When you RSVP please indicate in the comments what side/desert you will bring (if any) so we/I can keep tabs on what might bee need to fill in the gaps closer to the meeting.

A bit about Tom:

I started my fish/ocean related obsessions when I was about 6 years old and my Dad first took me fishing. Growing up on the south coast of England I was extremely lucky to have access to regular salt and fresh water fishing on the family boat. When I was 10, my dad brought me (probably him) a 20 gallon fresh water tank which we stocked with a variety of freshwater tropicals and live plants. I remember then how cool it was to look at in the dining room and my mom would always yell at me for not concentrating on dinner!

Life always takes on the strangest journeys and when I was 18 I was lucky enough to find myself leaving home for the first time and taking a job in the Caribbean. While I was there, my wife to be was visiting her best friend who was in an american med school on the island. 16 years, a transatlantic move, two kids, a dog and mortgage later here we are in Jackson NJ! We have lived in the area for about 8 years and when we moved into our current home 4 years ago right before my son was born, I knew I could finally have the saltwater tanked I'd always dreamed about. We started out with a 75 mixed reef and last August upgraded to the current 93 gallon cube. In our short time in the hobby we have had our fair share of ups and downs but it has been an incredible learning experience. We look forward to further upgrades in the future.

We welcome you into our home and look forward to seeing you all.

Tom

Last edited:
Hello,

I'd like to RSVP a big MAYBE for this one. It will be my first meeting ever. Im new to the hobby, and would most likely come by with my wife if she wanted to join me. I dont mind bringing a side dish if requested, I also planned on bringing several frag plugs with pink and gold palys for anyone who wanted them for free. Would there be a small holding tank for any frags people bring along? Look forward to the meet.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Generally there are raffle frags brough to all meetings. If you bring frags along, they will be kept with them and can be distributed out. Meetings are always a blast, so I would recommend going.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Hello,

I'd like to RSVP a big MAYBE for this one. It will be my first meeting ever. Im new to the hobby, and would most likely come by with my wife if she wanted to join me. I dont mind bringing a side dish if requested, I also planned on bringing several frag plugs with pink and gold palys for anyone who wanted them for free. Would there be a small holding tank for any frags people bring along? Look forward to the meet.

yep. i got a place to float bags etc.

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
Tom:

Got a bunch of nice acro frags for the raffle. Red dragon, champagne acro, blue slimer, blue milli, etc, etc. Good size and some mini colonies. Not sure who is providing frags, but if we could get some other reefers to kick up some non acros we could do an entire club provided raffle.

What do you think?

Herb

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Tom:

Got a bunch of nice acro frags for the raffle. Red dragon, champagne acro, blue slimer, blue milli, etc, etc. Good size and some mini colonies. Not sure who is providing frags, but if we could get some other reefers to kick up some non acros we could do an entire club provided raffle.

What do you think?

Herb

Herb,

As always you're very generous. I think this could be a great idea. I hadn't even thought about frags yet. I can pull a few things together from my tank. If we can get some more zoas/shrooms/lps that would good.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
For those coming tomorrow.... No need for potato salad, chips and salsa. Also. Herbie and I had a pre meeting meeting as he thought it was today.. He, will be back tomorrow (to drink the rest of my good beer) so we can all thank him in person because saying that he was beyond generous with corals for the raffle is a major understatement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Tom and Kristin and kids for a great meeting .Just got done putting in the few frags I won . Thanks for the frags for the raffle . Marissa had a blast too. She thanks you both .

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Thank you Tom and Kristin for opening your home for us and to herbie and the others who donated to the raffle. Great seeing everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
Thank you everyone who attended this month's meeting. A big thanks to herbiek a nod Tommy for their extremely generous contributions to the raffle. They were small colonies and two seven frag lots just as an example for those who could not make it. Beautiful frags were raffled off this meeting. A Huge thanks to Tommy and family for opening their lovely home to us. The food and libations were outstanding. It's was nice to meet some for the first time and see everyone who attend. Thanks to all for making it another successful meeting.

Thank you Tommy and Kristin for hosting and generosity. It was good to see some old (meaning long time) friends, and meet some new ones. Chris walked home with the gold, he may be running a close second to Anthony(Raffle King).

horseplay

NJRC Member
Thanks Tom and Kristin for a great meeting. Very nice meeting everyone again. Tom's tank is so clean and coming along very nicely.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Glad everyone had a good time. Chris certainly hit the jackpot. Again. BIG thank you to herb for the "frags" and the dogfish 90. I enjoyed one infront of game of thrones last night.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
I think we may be onto something. The "Heisenherb" principle

4c6a8b3d1351d2281057fbcf4e13de6d.jpg

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Late reply here. Kristen and Tom, thanks for everything. Had a great time, especially T.

Didn't get to watch Game of Thrones, was too busy reading my comics. Oddly, found this...

mbajl.jpg