• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

May 2018 Monthly Meeting

May 2018 Monthly Meeting
mnat House
Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
The May 2018 meeting with be held at @mnat and @NikkiT 's house

Address: 1104 Barton Ave, Point Pleasant, NJ 08742, USA

Bio:
Greetings all, I would like to welcome you all to join myself and my wife @NikkiT down in Point Pleasant for our meeting. Our journey into saltwater tanks began a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, not really a different galaxy just a different country and time is relative so 25 years might be a long time for some of you, and maybe just a fraction of time for others. Anyway, to get more specific, it began with Nicole (or Nikki if you are into the whole brevity thing) living over in the Middle East and going snorkeling out in the reefs over there, she became hooked on saltwater fish. After moving back here (a little war in the Persian Gulf quickened that process) she set up her first saltwater tank. Fast forward some years and tanks later, she met me (Mike) in college and she realized she liked me better than fish tanks but just barely. While in law school, Nikki setup a freshwater tank which crashed due to bad gravel so she decided to setup a saltwater tank which Mike had never had before and the addiction claimed another victim.

Fast forward some time and marriage and apartments and many nano tanks later, we find ourselves in Point Pleasant with a 205g tank in our living room, plumbed into a basement system (probably like 300ish total gallons when all is said and done). So please come join us.

I know this weekend is memorial day weekend, but it is the best weekend for us to host. If you are coming from the north, be prepared to potentially his some traffic. We are two miles from the beach, and very close to Jenkinsons Aquarium and boardwalk, so come on down and check the shore out. We are also pretty close to Icarus Brewing for those craft beer people. We are also about 30 mins from both Ultimate corals and ACC, so if you need another excuse to check out a fish store please do. We are probably going to grill out if the weather is good enough, if not probably order some pizzas or burritos or what not.

Dude with all due respect u picked a bad weekend. I know u said it's the best weekend for you ( and appreciate you opening your home up for njrc members ) but for alot of others it's not. Lots of people traveling. Lots of traffic also. I had plans but will try to come for a short while. But as of now I'm a maybe. Sorry.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Sorry @John M you cannot attend, but I am sure this meeting will be a full house. I know you think it is not a good time for many, but trust me, the hospitality of Mike and Nikki is beyond these times. If I were you I will cancel the plans for that weekend and go to the meeting :)

I am in guys, and a bottle of Angel's Envy is on me.

Sunny

Sorry @John M you cannot attend, but I am sure this meeting will be a full house. I know you think it is not a good time for many, but trust me, the hospitality of Mike and Nikki is beyond these times. If I were you I will cancel the plans for that weekend and go to the meeting :)

I am in guys, and a bottle of Angel's Envy is on me.

Sunny
RU sure it will be a 'full house' on memorial day weekend? To be blunt I was at mad reefers house in December , +@ January mtg. , oia up in north jersey in February where was everyone else?!
I changed plans for 2 of these meets and a lot of members were busy or "its too far for me". I've attended Delaware aquarium society - 2+ hour ride each way, Lancaster County Aquarium society, 2 1/2 hr each way etc... was very sick for this past mtg, didn't want anyone else to get sick. So I've basically gone out of my way ( changing plans & traveling no matter what the distance ) there's a lot of people on this forum that I still haven't met because they never attend the meetings. UR preaching to the wrong choir Sunny!

erics210

NJRC Member
RU sure it will be a 'full house' on memorial day weekend? To be blunt I was at mad reefers house in December , +@ January mtg. , oia up in north jersey in February where was everyone else?!
I changed plans for 2 of these meets and a lot of members were busy or "its too far for me". I've attended Delaware aquarium society - 2+ hour ride each way, Lancaster County Aquarium society, 2 1/2 hr each way etc... was very sick for this past mtg, didn't want anyone else to get sick. So I've basically gone out of my way ( changing plans & traveling no matter what the distance ) there's a lot of people on this forum that I still haven't met because they never attend the meetings. UR preaching to the wrong choir Sunny!

Hey John, I traveled through the snow for Madreefers meeting in December, actually think it snowed the day prior to the Feb meeting too.

Not sure about the full house, but will try and make it.

Snow probably wont be an excuse.

I'm in for a maybe here....its close, and no kids soccer games on Memorial Day weekend. Just have to see if I'm committed to my lovely wife's work BBQ....I may have kids in tow if that's OK. Hoping to finally make a meeting. Thanks for hosting!

Does it really matter? Mike & Nikki were nice enough to host. We have a hard time getting hosts. If this is the only time they can do it, then that's that. If you can go great...if not, oh well. we don't need people complaining on here. Again, it is hard enough to get hosts.

Does it really matter? Mike & Nikki were nice enough to host. We have a hard time getting hosts. If this is the only time they can do it, then that's that. If you can go great...if not, oh well. we don't need people complaining on here. Again, it is hard enough to get hosts.
I'm not complaining but don't i have a right to voice my opinion.?. Just pointing out that will be a rough weekend for traveling & family affairs - that's only common sense - however I think it's great that Mike & NikkI are willing to host a mtg.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I just cannot believe folks getting salty because the host did not confirm their availability before deciding the date of the meeting. Oh well. SMH :(

maybee next time john.:)
I didn't say I wasn't definitely not going. I'm a maybe as of now. But should know within next 10 days.
** if make it I'll bring info on Monmouth County Fair & we really need to discuss that - hopefully I can make it. :encouragement:

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I will be there. I have not seen the 205g yet just all the nanos when you first moved there.

This forum is to advise of the meeting and who can or cannot attend not bash people cause the date is not the best.
Mike and Nikki were very upfront stating they know it was not optimal but the best they could do. As stated
before we have a tough time getting people to host.
The bickering makes the club look bad and this thrread should be cleaned up IMO.