• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mbodell's 75 gallon

To anyone who is thinking about plumbing into the basement, my god does it make life so much better. I am enjoying the hobby so much more having the extra room, water volume, and access. I now have a ton of room to grow out coral and my tank water is the clearest I have ever seen it.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike, How are your temps holding up over the past few days? How many heaters are you running? My tank plummeted to 74 with this cold snap. I had to put a spaceheater next to the sump to hold 75.6 degrees :-\ ..Guess I do need that third heater after all. LOL I didn't think it was really that necessary.

Taz

Well I have your heaters sitting in a bucket ready for you opps ::) I have 4 heaters which is fluctuating the temp between 76 and 77.5 degrees over the last 6 days. I now have orp and ph readings now that I have probes!!!!

ORP is staying around 310 and my PH is right around 8. I still don't have any polyp extension on the sps in the downstairs tank. I hooked up an mp40 on the sump, so I will see if that helps.

Also, my skimmer is pulling crazy amounts of crud. I don't think the mag 18 was enough for the skimmer. I did my first water change, which was awesome. I didn't have to lift one bucket.