• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Meet Duke!

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here he is, my 10 week old baby Boxer! Duke!

puppy.jpg

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks everyone!

Not geese trained yet but I trained Autralian Sheppards before for that purpose, maybe I can do that with this guy and declare him as a business expense...humm...wheels are turning! ;D

We just came back from our first vet appointment and I am very glad to say Duke is very healthy with no problems at all!

Duke flew in from Puerto Rico, and now is living here in Edison, NJ! The doc estimates 8 weeks, this puppy has already gone through a lot!

Anyone has dog insurance, recomend one?

Rod

Rod if interested, my gf works at the Maywood Vet clinic she can probably help you out with companies or options. Actually anyone interested can PM me and Ill try to help out.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I Remember you talking about a boxer at the meeting.. very good looking dog but what does Dude think about this?..
sunglasses-cat.gif

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Too cute. It will be fun to see how Duke does growing up with an older sibling!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Cute puppy! Good luck with him!

I've heard things about the Pet Insurance and most of it wasn't good. For instance, if your breed has known issues with their hips, they won't cover anything to help with that condition. I know it's just one issue, but in my eyes something like that is just a scam.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
John (Audios) sent me some info on truepanion, a better than average pet insurance, they seem straight forward and cover hip displasia and other congenital diseases...looking into it now.

rod

Just in case people reading the thread would like more info:
My gf works at the Maywood Vet Clinic, theres a few insurance providers they deal with, they come through from time to time to try and push their own plans. She feels Trupanion is the most fair, but its more for emergencies.They dont cover wellness, which is things like vaccines exams shots etc. If they get really hurt or sick, they usually pay quickly and without hassle, or time wasting authorizations. She has had problems with other types in the past, some need the doctors opinion to match almost verbatim to their list of covered services, or its declined. In most cases its a typical insurance/warranty, very similar to cars. I got screwed on my aftermarket warranty on my S4 because the inspector deemed the aluiminum radiator corroded, and didnt split or fail, which was covered. Any corrosion wasnt. Same thing with these plans in some cases. In her experience, Trupanion has had the least amount of BS. Check out their website, it should explain alot. Otherwise you can PM with questions, or if youre looking for a vet, Id highly recommend them. Rods in a good spot because he has a puppy, if he starts young puppy rates are usually cheaper than adult, and they usually stay cheaper throughout their life if they have a documented history.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Cool Dog, My neighbor has a full grow boxer that looks just like that one. That thing is as big as a house they call theirs Disel.

Ha, you got a good one rod, that little guy was awesome! Bouncing around like a kangaroo. Were picking up a pit that my gf saved from a kill shelter in Philly, only 2 months old, and has had mange for most of it :( Needless to say, hes a mush!