• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Meeting July 31st Stanhope/Hapatcong (Nagel)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nagel is in Stanhope / Hopatcong. Basically 5 minutes from Exit 27 or 28 on Rt 80. 1 Mile from Lake Hopatcong in Northern NJ.

Next, the meeting date. July 31.

Nagel says:
"For the meeting... I want to make it a bar-b-que meeting being that its summer and its nice outside.. I also can't afford to go crazy with a bar-b-que for all you guys, so I'm making the suggestion of a Pot-Luck Bar-B-Que.. Basically, I will make sure to have enough of the basics (hotdogs, hamburgers, buns and soda) on hand, and you guys can bring other items as you like. As we get closer, I will post a thread re: the food thats being brought so you guys don't duplicate efforts. Basically food like potato salad, chicken, ribs, etc... And any alcoholic beverages you wanna bring along... I have plenty of refrigerator and freezer space for it all..

We just re-finished the deck, and are finishing the lower deck, so we'll have a brandy-new deck to bar-b-que on. We also just bought a hottub, so if you wanna bring a bathing suit, thats fine by us... It is a 5 person tub, so we will have to take turns hehehe...

The tank is a 300g mixed softy / lps tank. If I am lucky, I will have my 210 FOWLR online by that time, but who knows with the rate I am currently going.."

So, to re-hash:

Meeting is July 31

Food / eating with be a Pot-Luck Bar-B-Que

BYOB (will have soda on hand)

Any questions?

Please RSVP here. PM Nagel for directions!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ok I'm going to bring the FOOD Ribs, the MAN ribs will have to cart his own butt up to the meeting. Maybe he can ride with you, Rich! You should be able to pick up 3/4 of the state "on your way through"! LOL!

Sorry, I won't be able to make it and meet you all. It was great chatting on Tues. though. Maybe I can make Aug. meeting. I sent in my dues so I will be a card carrying WATER BUFFALO. Hail to the Grand POOHBAH!!

I have a rifle competition that day that I already paid for.

Andy

I got the day off so I will be able to make it. What would you like me to bring?

Rich is the offer to carpool with you still open?

Rosie

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If I go (75-80%) I'll be heading up the GSP. Im more than happy to pickup at a rest area or a commuter parking lot at an exit.

I guess I better scale down that avatar.

C

concept3

RichT said:
If I go (75-80%) I'll be heading up the GSP. Im more than happy to pickup at a rest area or a commuter parking lot at an exit.

I guess I better scale down that avatar.

Yeah Rich, I think you need to scale down that avatar. Make it like 150 X 100..... I thought you were trying to post a pic LOL

Rosie, you can bring any phosphate test kits that you aren't using anymore <hint> - <hint>

Rich - please scale that thing down... it freaks me out to have to move right to read all of your posts.

(not that I'm particular about my web surfing practices or anything :p)

Rosie,

So far, it looks like the meat is covered. We have burgers, dogs, ribs and steaks being brought..

Possibly some type of fruit salad, or potato salad or the like?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The list I have looks like this so far:

Definite:
DFlint
Momof6Kids & Doug
JCurry
Faerytale
RichT
Ruden
Steve68
Phyl & John
erfig
BlackStripe
Sharks (Demo on Fragging a Lobo)
JimRoth
KatLongo & Nick
concept3
Kelly
ebqwert
kabal2
FD3S

Sponsors
John from NorthEast Aquatics

Maybe:
Grasshopper (drums fingers)
FAZM79

If you haven't listed a covered dish it looks like sides/desserts are the things in need.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks like we're going to have a great crowd this month. Anyone else going to be able to make it?

Ok gang I will be there unless something at work comes up. I’m on call 24x7   :mad:
I will bring some gourmet pretzels and some beer for the group. Sounds like it’s going to be a good turnout and as usual a good time.

As a part of the FragExchange booth at IMAC this year I learned a lot from Eric Borneman and Anthony Calfo. While I have never done this type of fragging before, I will be doing a frag demonstration at the meeting. I have a very large Lobophyllia coral that I was going to sell. But I’ve decided to use my new wet saw to frag it. I’m not going to cut into tiny pieces but will at lest quarter it. Maybe 6-8 good size pieces if all goes well. I want to keep one piece for my tank. I saved this coral from near death a few years ago and hate to part with it. It was in a customers tank with 6 adult angels picking on it.
I will donate at lest one piece to the frag raffle. I will also offer Nagel a piece for hosting the event. I will sell what is left is anyone is interested.
Here are a few pics of the coral from tonight.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y52/ishark/Lobophyllia Coral/

The prices will all depend on size and be determined at the meeting after the fragging. But they will be below LFS prices for sure. Please PM me if you think you may want a piece. I will keep track of the PM’s and the order they were received. I will sell any I can at the meeting. What is left will be brought home with me and sold off to the PM’s in the order received.

This should be fun. See you there.
S

Edit by Phyl: Fixed URL

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's a beauty! Wow! I'm looking forward to watching the fragging.