• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Meeting Topics

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
As we look to the fall schedule of NJRC meetings we thought it would be good to begin to put together some form of wish list of topics that people would like to discuss/have a speaker on at the meetings.

So... please post here if you have any wants/needs for a meeting topic *** OR *** if you could be prepared to speak on a topic at a meeting. The topic could be anything from the simple to the complex.

Thanks all!

For a future meeting I would like you all to discuss, because I wont be there, the reason why my left leg will not cooperate with the right one, once you all figure that out I might get to a meeting and we can discuss this at length. You all tired about me talking about my stupid leg yet, if so, please PM me!!!! Feel free to curse at me, I do all the time.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :'(
Mike.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Any ideas or volunteers? Let's just start throwing some things out there that you'd all benefit from!

Fragging workshops where members have a chance to frag and not just watch..

Zoanthids
Soft corals
SPS
LPS

Live food culturing (If you give me some time, I will be perfecting my skills)

Reefing on a budget, alternative methods to do things cheaper

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
As Dumb as this might be.. I'm embarrassed to even suggest...

What about a discussion about something simple... Like..  :-[

Alkalinity and DKH.

This has always confused me for some reason... I gave up on testing them.

I would love to get Randy Holmes-Farley to do it, but he doesnt do clubs, he barely does conferences :(

That would be a good topic, any chemists in the house???

There seems to be quite a bit of disscusion/ confusion on which crabs are actually reef safe on reef central, how about something like that?
Mike.

Hey guys...how bout something on the different types of filtration, and what works best for what. I am not that experienced and all the different types do not make sense to me. I have read about them but still have some questions.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I will do an acrylic demo but I was hoping to do that at my meeting. I know May is pretty far away but:

•I want to get better at it before the demo
•I have all my stuff here
•I'm hoping it will "draw" people to this end of the world. ***way*** south (in fact, so far south, I should have my own DaL)

Otherwise, we can work something else out.

Just a suggestion:

How about a question and answer period. Or to break it down further, have three buckets (novice, intermediate, and expert) for us drop questions into and have someone take a stab at answering them.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
I like the idea of a question and answer discussion. Or how about a panel of our infamous experts that we can shoot questions at.