• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Melanurus Wrasse

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have not seen any sign of this wrasse since placing it in the tank. I know they bury themselves in the sand.
I have a lid so it could not have jumped out easily, plus no signs of it anywhere outside the tank.
How long should I wait or worry its a goner?

I have not seen any sign of this wrasse since placing it in the tank. I know they bury themselves in the sand.
I have a lid so it could not have jumped out easily, plus no signs of it anywhere outside the tank.
How long should I wait or worry its a goner?
Didn't see mine for a little over a week after adding it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
Just caught my Hoeven's finishing off my clove polyps!! :/. I knew they would go after feather dusters, but never had problems with ones with cloves. Was my favorite coral....grrrr

That sucks. I just picked up a
Just caught my Hoeven's finishing off my clove polyps!! :/. I knew they would go after feather dusters, but never had problems with ones with cloves. Was my favorite coral....grrrr
That stinks. I just picked up a small patch of clove polyps all because I saw them in your tank and liked them. Not as striking as yours but still pretty

Oh wow, never considered a wrasse a danger to clove polyps. My patch of yellow cp’s are just starting to take off. Really cool looking. Yellow coris wrasse hasn’t touched the coral, but gradually I notice there aren’t any hermit crabs or feather dusters around anymore.

And that is a beautiful wrasse you have.

Here they are. Started with a handful now filling in nicely.

Attachments

• CCC73FCF-5046-4330-B489-06489ECCE2D9.jpeg
    CCC73FCF-5046-4330-B489-06489ECCE2D9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • DD3AD115-A60E-49A5-98E0-EED7F2A92745.jpeg
    DD3AD115-A60E-49A5-98E0-EED7F2A92745.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Here they are. Started with a handful now filling in nicely.
They are beautiful It was great to meet you today. Not sure how I did it but I managed to get that nice pink monti home in one piece it’s acclimating in a quarantine where I will work on all the algae. Did you catch all the fish?
upload_2019-7-17_22-39-30.jpeg
And his RBTA’s are a really nice color
upload_2019-7-17_22-40-37.jpeg
I’ll take better pics when everything is cleaned up and fully acclimated.

Was great meeting you too! That monti looks great. Stunning color in person.
We did catch all the fish I came for, after reeferkid emptied two more buckets of rock out for me. Drip acclimated everyone and all were poking around their new home last night. Those pajama cardinals are huge!

Was great meeting you too! That monti looks great. Stunning color in person.
We did catch all the fish I came for, after reeferkid emptied two more buckets of rock out for me. Drip acclimated everyone and all were poking around their new home last night. Those pajama cardinals are huge!
Awesome. And yes biggest pajamas I ever saw. Must be winter pajamas hahaha