• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Merry Christmas to....

howze01

NJRC Member
The person who spent $647.34 at Walmart with my credit card yesterday. Hope you got something you really enjoyed you rat bas***d son of a b****!!!!!

ouch,

good thing theres cameras all over.

Actually was it in store or an online purchase?

Did you card actually get stolen or do you think someone regenerated the number or skimmed it?

howze01

NJRC Member
It was online. It wasn't stolen I would imagine that someone got it from my online Christmas transactions. Can't imagine which though, they were all from pretty big companies. Paypal through eBay, Amazon, Ticketmaster, that kind of stuff. I guess anythings possible though.

I didn't get any details yet but TD shut the card down after the transation which leads me to believe that it was made from another country or something.

kevin

NJRC Member
It was online. It wasn't stolen I would imagine that someone got it from my online Christmas transactions. Can't imagine which though, they were all from pretty big companies. Paypal through eBay, Amazon, Ticketmaster, that kind of stuff. I guess anythings possible though.

I didn't get any details yet but TD shut the card down after the transation which leads me to believe that it was made from another country or something.

ahhh, that sucks :(

Atleast they were the ones that shut it down which shows there aware that its fraudulent. You should be ok in terms of getting the money back though.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea, and Merry Christmas to the person who used our company's Lowes card and made out the $13,431.17 worth of merchandise over 5 purchases in November. We were shocked to find our January statement that included interest and late fees on the $13k statement for December... which we never even received!

So, not only did they manage to steal our card and make several purchases ranging from $1k to $4k each (we think they must have been using it in little spurts until they hit the credit limit because the last one was only $133.75 and then never used again for over a month) but they also managed to steal our bill for the month after the purchases. Either that or it's a really strange coincidence that we didn't get this one bill. Sometimes we don't get one when there were no purchases made... so it wasn't strange not to get one some months.

They apparently live somewhere up north jersey because the stores they used it in were Rutherford, N. Bergen, and Piscataway. None of our employess live up there but we had a job up in Middlesex (closest to these stores) so we think it was lost/stolen from there.

Luckily, Lowes agreed to send this to the fraud department because I explained that noone on our account made the purchases. Also, our account requires the purchaser to provide a purchase order (PO) number... and we always use the job name to help with accounting. The thief just used random 4 digit numbers for the PO and I knew it was noone in our company at that point. They checked all our previous PO's and saw they were names, not numbers so we should be off the hook.

I'm really hoping this thief gets caught and gets what he/she deserves!

Wow this really stinks to hear!! But the good news may be later from the credit card or bank later.This happened to me last yr and knocked me out of $7000 from my account.First they "pinged" my card for $2.00 then hit it again an hr later.I called the bank and they asked if I knew anyone in Russia...anyhows,they refunded everything and I got a new card in 10 days.Gd luck bud.Maybe you helped by slippers for a family in Russia:p