• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Merv's new 40 gallon build

blange3 said:
10 weeks in and you're blaming the sand already! ::)

Bacteria blooms happen. It's a very young tank still and you have a decent amount of livestock.

If the pareameters are OK and other than the snails the livestock is OK, I would do some water changes and wait it out.

You'll probably get some diatoms soon, and then some cyano, and then a beautiful stable ecosystem. ;D

I went through the blooms already, the diatoms too . . . but everything looks good. Anyways, I siphoned out the sand today and man it stinks!

anyways, here's the pics:

DSC_2716.jpg

DSC_2719.jpg

Whatever happened to your mystery snail?

he got relocated in the sump where 2" of sand resides, along with a huge supply of copepods and chaeto

oh crap james, i just realized that i must've clicked on the modify button instead of the quote button. whoops. I mean to say:

JRWOHLER said:
Whatever happened to your mystery snail?

he got relocated in the sump where 2" of sand resides, along with a huge supply of copepods and chaeto