• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

MH Lamp Replacement

How often would you reconmend replacing my 250w HQI DE MH Lamps? Recently one of 10k MH bulbs started flickering like a disco light, so I went to get a replacement at AO. They only had Reeflux 12k's, so thats what I got. After a few weeks I could stand the look of two 10k bubs on the left and right and a 12k bulb in the center. So I order 2 more Reeflux 12k bulbs. I just installed them, I am happy with the way the tank looks now, even though it is far less bright with the 12k's. Anyway, the two Current USA 10k's that I had been using are about 9 months old, used on average of about 6 hours a day. Thats only 1620 hours. The manufacturer claims these bulbs do not start to lose their effectiveness until about 5000 hours. Thats about 21 months at 8 hours a day. So I really dont how much life they have left in them, but if anyone wants them just let me know.