• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Microbubbles in Sump

I took on the following project to try and correct microbubbles getting to my return pumps, and also the added benefit of cleaning up the hoses in my sump.  The project consisted of a $5 rubbermaid container and a handfull of plumbing parts.  The rubbermaid was drilled for waterflow in, out, and small holes in the top to allow any air trapped inside out.  I still need to get some flex PVC and extra plastic around the shutoff valves are for extra support.  Project was easy and hopefully functional, but I'll update my results after completing it. 

The top view of the sump box with air holes
SumpProjectTop-1.jpg

Holes in dop for drain and sides to allow water out
SumpProjectStart.jpg

And the final view with shutoffs installed
SumpProjectFinish.jpg

Any idea's are welcome.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you put the img tags around the picture address they will show up in the post.
IMGTaG.jpg

Thanks, I posted on several sites and the first site didn't have the img tag available. I just used copy and past to put it up on this site.

Put it in the tank and seems to be working fine. Made the sump tidy and completly ended any micrbubbles getting to the return pumps. Still need to find flex PVC or the 3' vacum hoses. I don't know who carries them and was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction. Plumber at work told me to check a pool supply local plumbing distributor. When I complete everything I will post the final pic. Water level in sump is between 1" above or below the top of the rubbermaid depending on top off time.

Cool
when u have time can u post pictures of ur sump?
u can get flex PVC at any pool store they call it spa flex (same thing)
u can also use pond hose (the black stuff)

As soon as I get time. Heavy work schedule this week and barely have time to sleep. Rubbermaid also collects detirius so I can pull it out and dump it without having to clean my entire 40 gal sump.