• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Might have to drag zoas

F3EA3D1A-7643-4643-A274-5E5B8D1F8570.jpeg Good day all. I scored this zoo combo @ the last months meeting. It seems the yellow ones might be growing a little more aggressively than the purple ones. If this trend continues, I am thinking about attempting to fag a few purples for another location, where they don’t have to complete. Is this a risky move? I have never attempted to frag anything except green star polyp, which is peal and cut.

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I would take a dremel and cut them away now. Also, dip them to help heal faster. Zoas are pretty hardy. My engineer goby buried orange bam bam ones. I took the frag moved it to new spot and few heads are starting to reopen.
Good luck.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Looking at your pic since the yellow ones grow quicker maybe cut more there to not disturb the others. You can remove the yellow ones from purple easier from the cutting.

Mmm good point. If it comes down to it, I’ll use pneumatic cut off wheel. No electricity, so I can dripp some saltwater. I was thinking I would have to remove the Zoas from the disc, but cutting the disc seems preferable.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
Turkey baste them real good to get them to close up, cut the mat with a clean razor blade and use a dremel or band saw to cut the frag plug. I wouldn't worry about drippibg water in it. Or you could just let them grow and maybe get a cool morphed zoa!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yea. I’m going to let them go for a while. I would rather have them growing together. I was just looking for a plan b, in case the purples start to loose the battle. Thanks guys.

David. Just want to say they are real pretty. What a wonderful dilemma. Having to separate them because they are growing so well
Yea I’m hoping I don’t have to. I had a situation on my last tank that one kind of Zoa took over another. If that starts to happen i wanted a plan to save a few.