• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mike's Dream Build

Wow. It's been over 1 year. So I guess a time for an update. It's been a long and very slow progress. I've been traveling almost weekly for the past year. While the tank has not suffered it hasn't been thriving like it should have. I've been focused on everything a bit more these past few weeks. Here is where I'm now....
Equipment:
A lot is the same but added a refugium from Lifereef:

I've dialed in my CxRx as my coral is finally starting to grow. I've found I was playing around with what I had too much and my Alk was never stable enough. Finally I started the process to dialing in the MasterFlex pump along with the Co2 Reg. Now, the Ph in the reactor never changes. To those looking for stability I highly recommend this set up.

I initial had the Kessil 360's over the tank, I decided to switch to T5. I went with the Giesemann Aurora T5 LED hybrid. It's a beautiful light and the build quality is outstanding.

I also switched from the Tunze pumps to the MP40's, while the Tunze were very good. The newer quiet drives noise levels were a lot lower I had to switch. I like the silence in the living room at night when relaxing in front of the tank.

I just added a AvastMarine Barrel Tender to my Ro/DI tank, so I'll never had to fill the RO/DI again. The Solenoid they use is a common 12 volt, and I have a heavy duty one, which I will be connecting as a 2nd fail safe to prevent any future issues.

I'll be traveling a bit less in the new year, so I hope I can get this tank to the state where it's filled with SPS as it was designed and planned to be.

Looks nicer in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the Ferrari of fish lights haha or maybe the Porsche is better analogy.
Thanks, at least with this one I won't get a ding parked next to anyone. Since the tank is in between our kitchen and living room, the look had to be right. So while I'm sure I could have saved a bundle with other fixtures. I would not have gotten the design approval.
They are very German in terms of build quality.