• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Milwaukee Phosphate Low Range Colorimeter

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am looking into replacing my Hanna Phosphate meter because it is giving me Inconsistence in reading. I have cleaned the cuvettes. It could be bad batch of reagent. But Hanna say they have not heard of any problems LOL
So I am looking into the Milwaukee MI-412 Phosphate Low Range Colorimeter (PROFESSIONAL COLORIMETER) or the newer Milwaukee MW-12 Phosphate Mini-Photometer.
Anyone using the Milwaukee meters if so how do you like them?

Stan I was having inconsistencies with my hanna at one point. I found out that if I clean the culvett from fingerprints everytime before I put it in the tester , that corrected my inconsistency.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I do clean mine every time I use them. I also use hanna cleaning solution. It has not help at all for me.

i just got the MI-412 after giving up on the hanna ulr. the inconsistoncies were driving me crazy. I really like the new kit....very easy to use, no worries about the meter turning off before all of the reagent disolves and most importantly....consistency. Its expensive but I am very happy with the purchase.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Steve the one good thing is it comes with 100 reagents for testing and a awesome case.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks nice and Milwaukee does make quaility equipment so I'm sure it's worth the heavy price tag. I'm happy with my Hanna meter though and I don't have any issues with inconsistencies.

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
I have the pro version. Works great,very consistant. Had it for at least 5 years. Make sure the cuvettes are clean before and after zeroing unit, as with all photo type meters.

Herb

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have the pro version. Works great,very consistant. Had it for at least 5 years. Make sure the cuvettes are clean before and after zeroing unit, as with all photo type meters.

Herb

Herb I do every time.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Okay I just order from Gary at Champion Lighting the Milwaukee MI-412 Phosphate Low Range Colorimeter (PROFESSIONAL COLORIMETER). I should have it tomorrow. I will retire my Hanna:applouse:

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
OK I got my Milwaukee MI-412 Phosphate Low Range Colorimeter Pro Kit today. So Much nicer and better in every ways!!!!!!!!!
I did side by side test with the Milwaukee MI-412 Phosphate Low Range Colorimeter and my Hanna meter. I did five test of each at the same time. Here is what I got out of the two meters. It took me 35 Minutes and the test water came out in the same spot of my tank.
Milwaukee
Test
1 0.03
2 0.03
3 0.03
4 0.03
5 0.03
Hanna
Test
1 0.08
2 0.00
3 1.85