• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mini Review - Vertex Line-Mag Holder

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So, I've had a few acrylic holders that never really did me any good as they had to be mounted with screws for the most part and many never fit on my tank (or rim) properly.

Recently added a Vertex Holder to an order from a retailer. It cost me $20 which I thought was a bit for a 3 line holder but I took the plunge anyways. Glad I did.

The unit it shipped in royal packaging. I don't have any images of the unboxing, but it seems they took some lessons from Apple - solid, minimal, functional, and quality. Overall, just opening the box assured me this was a quality product. NOte the box was so solid my son is now using it as his Matchbox car carrier.

Here's a front shot...
IMG_2783_zpsp2vrwu6x.jpg

a top shot...
IMG_2782_zpsjbwwre9w.jpg

and a shot in sump...
IMG_2784_zpsmqlecbxl.jpg

Very clean looking. The magnet is tight. I ran all 3 pumps simultaneously for a few seconds, then ran them in alternating sequences and there was no shift at all of the unit. My measurements are now all F'd up but the unit did great.

FYI, for $20 would happily buy again. If I expand my dosing system further units will undoubtably be a part of it.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I can see that. As the screws are the only exposed piece they could have gone brass for a few cents more. It really wouldn't have been that much of a difference in manufacturing cost.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looks like a solid product. I have always wanted to get one of their cleaning magnets. I may have to order one for myself for Christmas.