• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Missing Canari Wrasse one day new

I bought one yesterday. What a beautiful fish! I was told that they dive into the sandbed but I didn't know that they would vanish for 24 hours! What do you think? ???

I'd be able to see him. Trust me.

Did you check the overflow if you have one? Did you check all around the tank? Wrasses have a tendency to jump....I guess they like to carpet surf.

yeah checked the area around the tank, and the overflow. Called AO and they said that it may take a few days for him to get accustom to the new environment.

I'll let you guys know what happens in a few days.

Erik

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good luck. I hope he comes out of hiding and gets comfortable in his new home soon.

It's not uncommon for them to hide for a couple of days.

They are jumpers and very good at finding holes in you cover, so make sure you keep an eye out for escape routes!

Haven't seen him for two days again... I'd like to see my fish. Any ideas? Guess I have too many hiding places.

Erik

did he come out yet?
if your getting frustrated why dont you rearrange ur setup.
i had a wrasse but it only hid for me when it was dark out for some reason.