• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Monti help

I recently got a few frags of some green monti from another member about 1 week ago.
In the beginning things looked promising the polyps were all extended and moving in the current. Then starting about yesterday day they started looking not so hot one had some white patches like the tissue fell of the other looked like it was not opening 20190930_143203.jpg20190930_143210.jpg
I'm wondering if it's a placement thing or a flow thing they get pretty high flow and decent light the water chemistry is spot on

Attachments

• 20190930_143217.jpg
    20190930_143217.jpg
    1,016.5 KB · Views: 6

eholceker

NJRC Member
You killing my monti's, haha. I have more if these dont pull through, just let me know. Agreed they look like battle wounds with the RBTA. These can do well in lower light. The turn more neonish under high par but get a very dark green under low par.

In all fairness those bubble tips are a pain the royal ass and weren't there during the original placement how ever there is another monti no where near the bubble tip that looks similar

eholceker

NJRC Member
In all fairness those bubble tips are a pain the royal ass and weren't there during the original placement how ever there is another monti no where near the bubble tip that looks similar

Interesting could be stn. Was your alk swinging? Were you dosing 2 part or anything?

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
At any time did you have the digi laying on another piece of digi or another coral? I could have been for a few minutes.

Maybe during transport. The alk has been stable I dosed befor they were added haven't had any drops since the addition of them