• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

moving a fish tank - need suggestions

So I am going to be moving in the next month and I need to move my 180 gallon reef tank.

I will be looking for suggestions on how to move the tank and stand, I really do not want to ask my friends again as they helped me get the tank where it is now. I will be completely redoing the aquascape and getting new sand so that makes it easier. I have al my corals on new plugs so it will be easy to get them off the rocks and I will have them in traveling containers, I am only moving 10 miles from Center Valley PA 18034 to Allentown PA 18104. I unfortunately have the bulkheads siliconed to the tank so I have to keep them intact which will make the move harder.

I am looking on suggestions on what you guys would do? I plan to have all the fish and coral moved the day prior in a storage tank/container (they can easily go 1-2 days in here with powerheads and light). The thing I am worried about is actually moving the tank. I called moving companies and the minimum time is 4 hours for them even though it would take only 2 hours at max to move, which will cost me around $650 for a moving company to do it. Unless you guys know any local moves that also have insurance, that is the main reason why I am leaning towards going with a moving company as I can have full insurance on the tank.

If it was me I hit my friends up for some help first,, as for the bulk heads get some wood under the tank that will keep them clear of hitting the floor when u move it and place it down,, how are you moving everything else from one house to the other? For $650 see what they will charge you to move everything in your house so the tank will be included in the move with no charge,,if not that much more ,then go with the moving company... It's faster and less for you to do