• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mr. Coral - warning

I want to pass this along, i did check and he is not a sponsor but i have seen more and more negative reviews about him. there is a recent thread on delreefclub (delaware) and they revoked his sponsorship. i did not have a great experience with him in 2009 as my shipment did not even have a single heatpack in the late fall and i lost half the order. he never came through on his promis to make it right on the next order. ( iasked him to just replace the lost corals as i would pay shipping with an additional order). buyer beware, the thread is in the general saltwater discussion.

i can post the link if the mods allowScreenshot_2012-08-21-17-43-10.jpg

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Unfortunately this is been a pretty common occurence with Sonny. Sadly people still get suckered in. You should tell the poster to give him neg feedback on R2R, he is incredibly still a sponsor there.

I've had issues there too. Lots of them back in the day. My brother and I drove down to Maryland to get "replacements", and his worker had no idea what he could do for us, the stock in store was nothing like he showed on site, and we only got a few from our 15+ dead frags. Out of 30+ frags ordered (with freebies) we've only had about 8 survive.

Also fell victim to him when he was a sponsor on here...

If anything hopefully there is some recourse through the bank/credit card company?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I never ordered from them because of all the negative things I have heard and read. I can't believe he is still in business based on all the bad press.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
This is always a split jury. I hear and experienced a lot of bad, and then you get some who say they had no problem. I do know he changed some things because he was not making out like he used to, but I still hear negative. My opinion is that newbies are attracted to him once or twice until they have dealings and more research and then look back and laugh never to return. I join the rest that can't believe he is still in business.

Never had any experience with this vendor - but I did meet him at one of the NJ frag swaps - obviously seeing what you are paying for helps. In my case I never did pull the trigger although I was tempted since like most vendors he was offering deals at the end of the show to move inventory.

Never had any experience with this vendor - but I did meet him at one of the NJ frag swaps - obviously seeing what you are paying for helps. In my case I never did pull the trigger although I was tempted since like most vendors he was offering deals at the end of the show to move inventory.

i am under the impression that thier is now 2 mr corals.. i believe the online is still the same but the retail shop is now run by someone else. ive heard it has improved.

kevin

NJRC Member
I've had good & bad. He jerked me around when I first got into the reefing. I won a contest & he didn't deliver the product. I was going back and forth with him for months & I finally gave up.

Few months ago I placed an order for a zoa pack. He had pictures up & he would pick XX amount. It was cheap & everything arrived just fine. I was taking a big chance, but it was cheap..

Ebay store is him & his friend @ a different location.
Retail store is run by someone else, but Sonny still owns it

He's "FragFarmer" on Ebay..... for those looking to avoid a seller. Online is hard, you're taking a chance with the wysiwyg.

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wish I had seen this sooner. I just got a frag pack from him and they are all DOA. I got some weird email back that he will include "extras" in my next order.

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The last message I got was that he is getting a big order and we will work together to get the shipping worked out. HMMMM....

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I got in contact with them and we are working towards a resolution. My frags have been cut and are healing. :)

The last message I got was that he is getting a big order and we will work together to get the shipping worked out. HMMMM....

I dont mean to be Donnie Downer but good like with that

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I just don't understand. If he has a DOA policy their shouldn't be any hesitation on him sending you new corals to replace the DOA one's and absorbing the cost of shipping it to you. And not say that you have to order again so that he can send you the new corals to replace the DOA ones. That to me is not a good way to keep customers.
But that's just my $.02.