• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mrs. Twisted's first tank

Hi everyone! I'm Beth, Lens wife. This is my first tank that i plan to get my hubby to upgrade to a nice little cube. He never lets me add the fish i want to his tank because the maroon and blue devil dont play well with some of the noobies. My tank is a 20 gal high and this is what i have in it

flame hawk
bicolor blenny
scooter dragonette
green clown goby
radioactive dragon eyes
xenia
green stripe shrooms
lots of pods
snails
blue leg hermies
cheato

the hippo in the pic was only in there for a few days till he was given to a 125 reeftank. He was kicked out of the 75 for being nasty to the brain.
bethtnk.jpg

i do want to say it was great meeting those of you who came to Sids house for the meeting. if any of you are down our way, give us a shout and we'll throw some burgers on the grill or something. Sid, you are one cool dude and we enjoyed you and your wifes hospiitality. thankyou

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice looking tank, Beth. I have tons of soft corals so if you are ever looking for frags let me know. I'd be happy to share.

BTW, it was really nice meeting you yesterday at Sid's.

thanks Matt, it was great meeting you also. i think i convinced the hubby last night to let me upgrade to a 40 cube or something in that area so i may have to take you up on that offer since he said if i upgrade i have to have different stuff in mine and not take corals out of his. but i dont want "his" stuff anyway...lol

Welcome to NJRC Beth!
Your rockwork looks great. Are you using a Marineland HOB filter? I used one of those for years with my 20G high.

NikkiT said:
Welcome to NJRC Beth!
Your rockwork looks great. Are you using a Marineland HOB filter? I used one of those for years with my 20G high.
that would be the one! so far its working pretty good. the water stays sparkling and doesnt smell swampy. i make sure i replace the carbon cartridge every 2 weeks and so far so good. i just gotta work on getting better lighting or get Len to get me a nice cube with a 150 halide or something. tommorrow he has some purple deaths and fire and ice zoas that i hope he shares with me but we'll see ;D