• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

my 24g aquapod

pod9.07.jpg

Poor quality pic, note to self get out the tripod and don't try to photograph in a bright sunny room LOL

Gives you an idea though. I'll try to get some new photos tonight or tomorrow after my weekly water change. As of now my clown (who hosts the neon green toasdstool) is in fishy time out in a 5g as he was chasing my beloved firefish relentlessly, he'll likely move back in this weekend for a trail to see if he'll stay or be rehomed.

Nice looking tank you got there Candi! One day mine will be like that. :) Long time to go though. I was going to add some green star polyps to my tank, but unlike you where you can stick them in that cave ( I think that is what they are ) I have no place to put them that they won't be a nuisance later on.

Colors are great, tank looks clean and well circulated. What you got running in there?

Love the mushrooms too and are those pimple mushrooms on the left? That leather is going to get huge. :)

Looks great.. see I am rambling, so much to say.. LOL.. Can't wait to see more images!!!

Tank is looking very sweet Candi!

Everything looks to be doing very well for you!

Best of luck.

(Is that the yellow clown goby you spoke of so lovingly??) :)

Hi guys!

Sorry for the delay in responding, haven't been around much (got a fence installed, been working on some things in the house, busy with my daughter etc)

I'll go into more detail later when I have a chance, and will get some more photos which show the corals better. I'm actually not thrilled with the LR right now or coral placement (other then my toadstool) since I had to pull most of the rocks to catch "nemo" 2 weeks ago, and will have to do it again this week (he was in fish time out for chasing the firefish, he's doing it still so he's going to find a new home).

Anyways... thank you for the compliments, this was my first reef tank and remains my favorite for ease of care.

tank: stock PC lighting, mj900 w/rotating hydor on the stock outlet, 2nd bulkhead installed in the other chamber with a locline Y also powered with a mj900. some LR rubble in the back, and I run purigen & chemipure at all times. I do 5g water changes per week using tropic marin salt. I don't dose anything.

fish: purple firefish, yellow clown goby, green banded goby (my first sw fish), and Nemo... who will be moving out (tank originally held the green banded goby, purple firefish, 6 line wrasse, and clown... 6 line chased the firefish so he was rehomed and replaced with the yellow clowngoby & a cleaner shrimp, not sure what if anything I'll replace the clown with.

corals: I love zoas but don't have much luck with them, love my rics and they do great for me the orange started as one tiny little one and is really big and spread out now and I even have a new baby from it in my 70g. My neon green toadstool I received as a tiny little thing, about piny nail sized so I'm thrilled with how big it's gotten, I wish I had the guts to frag it as I'd love a piece in my 70g. Frogspawn I've always really liked & does well, the hammer does amazingly well and I've fragged it and have one at least equal in size in my other tank. GSP I cut back all the time, although lately it doesn't seem to be doing as well (not growing as fast)

It's a great tank and I'm forever finding something new I didn't know was there before (this is the tank I pulled the evil red eye crab from earlier this year, he must have been in there almost a year before I saw him... and I just saw a little shed crab shell last week so I have another invisible guest hiding I think LOL) since the 6 line has left I'm overrun with pods and mysid shrimp and bristles... could do without the bristles. I also have a good number of tiny stars which are growing well. This weeks discovery was orange ball callimorphs (sp?) which I knew I had at least one in the back but I've found several babies growing on the sides... hopefully they are the small non fish eating type ;)

-Candi

Given the 2 maxijet900's w/ the rotating hydor & locline Y pretty much everything everywhere gets flow, varied/indirect flow and not hard/direct but yes they get a good amount of flow. I've actually had the best luck with rics & LPS in this tank, zoas are very hit or miss which is to bad as I love the colors.