• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 30 gallon nano

Here's my pics of my 30 gallon nano
new to the boards so thanks in advance

Bill

waving xenia/polyps and an unknown hitch hiker coral

GBTA RBTA(SPLIT AND BLEACHED FROM A HEAT BLOOM :( colors are comming back though shes pink again)

thanks for your time i'll post new pix when i get my new camera as these dont represent the tank as of now

Bill

howze01

NJRC Member
Looking good Bill! Are you planning on an upgrade? The Hippo and Yellow Tangs are going to outgrow that 30g! Are you planning on any more coral or anything?

my wife and I are trying to purchase a home. once we do theres a 250 gallon we have our eyes set on.. so yes we're def going to upgrade!!! thanks guys as for corals thats all up to my wife lol shes a huge fan of multi colored zoas
im a BTA guy... but again thanks everyone for the warm welcome and kind words!

howze01

NJRC Member
Ahhhh! Another zoa fan huh? Where are you guys? I may be able to help you out with some frags

howze01

NJRC Member
No trades needed! I go down to visit Tony in Jackson pretty regularly and Keyport is on the way so maybe we can figure something out. I have to frag some stuff very bad so I will let you know when I do and what I get.

Awesome! thanks a ton lmk!! I cant wait till my pieces are frag ready i know things are going well as my frogspawns are budding from their branches and the coralines getting on my glass and wavemakers............

Ok so when you come down again Jonathan maybe we can team up and take a trip to the garage and also see ifmaybe yr interested in some leathers I may have to help stock this 30 gal...by the way the tank is coming along well..:)

howze01

NJRC Member
I'm ready for another garage trip! I'm away starting this Friday until Labor Day so after that sometime. I really need to stop buying frags and concentrate on getting my new tank going. Got a lot of the equipment picked out already just a matter of buying it now. CJ has been wanting to go see it too so maybe we can drag him along too.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Tank looks really clean. I think it is time to put those tangs up for sale/adoption, they are really going to outgrow that tank and will cause a lot of harm. Be careful with the placement of the frogspawn and torch corals (The one all the way to the right, center, and left) as they will grow and sting the heck out of your other corals. The bubble tip will wander but you can't do anything about that.

bubbles havent moved in months, and the tang and hippo will be placed in a far larger tank once we move. we're living with my in laws at the moment until we can buy our own house. then we'll be upgrading to a 250 gallon
i'm well aware of their size issues. thank you for your insight though. i've moved the frogspawns closer to each other and the torch to the other end, again this is temporary housing until we move in a few months.

i keep my aquarium pristine (or as pristine as possible) running uv sterilizers and all.

Glad to hear the bubble tips have not moved too much. Have you noticed any change in color since you had that heat spike? Have you tried target feeding them? What kind of lighting are you running? What is your temp? Are you using a skimmer?
From my experience, it is difficult (but not impossible) to get an anem to color back up in a nano, the more stable you can get your water parameters the better.

the greens lost no color whatsoever. the rose turned crystal clear and now has dark pink bulbs and a greenish yellow base. still has some recovery to do.
the tem stays at 76-78 degrees. i've got a seaclone 150 going for the skimming, a uv sterilizer and a eheim canister filter running carbon. i wish i had a good camera to show the colors of the rose its gorgeous now.
all of my params are normal and there is growth everywhere from coraline to the frogspawn so i cant complain.

I appreciate everyones kind words and input!

Glad to hear that the rose is recovering. Have you tried target feeding the GBT? What kind of lighting are you running?

the greens doing great as well.. target feeding and all.
ive got a 4 bulb t5 unit 2 ati blue plus one ati purple plus and a blue special