• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 75g reef

I apologize for the not so perfect pictures I will continue to try and see if I can get some better ones.

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

nemo2.jpg

DSCF2218.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Those SPS colonies are huge, very well done. Really like the setup, congrats.

thank you. I remember when all my stuff was just frags. its grown so much. I cant believe how it all turned out. I am going to see if I can find any photos from when I first started up my tank. I truly think it looks much more amazing in person. I have to get practice with the camera.

Thank you. I had a pair but I lost one to what I believe may have been internal parasite. looking to replace him in the near future. this next photo is from Oct of 2008
Ive fragged quite a bit from it too. I will see what else I can dig up.

IMG_2913.jpg

Wow super growth in a year.
Would you think about moving to tale of the tank so we can get some other details....really great tank. Very nicely done.

No they are grade b Picasso. Thank you guys for such positive feedback. I've worked really hard on my setup. It's come a very long way. I started a thread on tale of the tank if anyone would like to see the progress.

Extremely beautiful tank. Love the clown pic....

Almost all cameras (including most point and shoots) would have some basic ways of letting you tinker with aperture and shutter speed. (See if you have an "M" setting in the dial). You could try putting your camera on a pile of books/table (unless you have a tripod), turn off the flash and increase the aperture and reduce shutter speed. This would allow more light to your sensor , and produce pretty well exposed pictures even without the flash. Some cameras would also let you lessen the intensity of the flash.

If you must use flash, you could try sticking the lens housing of the camera to the tank walls, or use a roll of paper between your the lens housing and tank wall, so that you get the light reflected only off of your subject and not the tank glass.

Again really inspirational tank for all looking to go into SPS. Could we see some pics of the uglies (The sump. skimmer, ATO etc.) ? Purely from an academic standpoint.

thank you for the pointers. I actually picked up a underwater cam and will be playing with that for a bit.

Here is a link to my tale of the tank. I have all the photos you are looking for there along with what I started with to where I am now.
http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=19990.0

also here is a few pics with my underwater cam at this link just have to scroll to the bottom of the page.
http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=20501.0