• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My bad day....

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Woke up this this morning to find a power head had exploded in my tank and wiped out almost everything.Water was a nice shade of crap brown from the electricution,drained the tank after flipping out refilled with new water.Still not sure If Im going to stay in or not,this is a pic of what I lost almost all of these were chalice from Larry (wobbegong) man Im sad....
IMAG0050.jpg

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Sorry to hear this. WOW, a PH blowout !!! Never thought that could happen.

Hang in there buddy.

Sunny

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I never heard of that either. Sorry for the loss. What type of ph was it?

Bob

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The older Penguin POwerheads were known to leak and short! Haven't heard of it in a long time!
So sorry to hear about your issue! Hang in there we all have corals for you when you are ready again!

Rod

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
hurtback said:
was the pump hooked up to a GFI ?
that might have saved everything...
sorry to hear of all your losses

steve

Or did you have a ground probe? I am trying to understand if GP or GFI would have done better.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Nobody has a perfect game in this hobby. :) stay with it we are a support group more than anything else.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
reefsandrotts said:
Have both a gp and gfi but i guess it didnt trip fast enough.

That is very sad. Well you did what you could. I guess it is just the gimmicks of this hobby. I am not a chalice person, but I can give you frags of what I have.

Let me know when you are ready to re-seed.

Sunny

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
monroereef said:
reefsandrotts said:
Have both a gp and gfi but i guess it didnt trip fast enough.

That is very sad. Well you did what you could. I guess it is just the gimmicks of this hobby. I am not a chalice person, but I can give you frags of what I have.

Let me know when you are ready to re-seed.

Sunny

+1. I have large Alien Eye frag I can give you some other sps frags too.

Bob

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Thanks everyone for the frag offers.
I'm going to give it a few days look at the couple things that made it and see what im going to do,my 6 y/o son made me laugh he said well dad no corals left.....can we get that stingray now......had to laugh...
Thanks again

Thats a bad day!! Stay in and put me on the Donations for reefsandrotts List, let ya cherry pick, could have it running and stocked up in no time. Think positive, you have a chance to redo it the way you really wanted to!!!!!!!
Greg