• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Big Tank

Not sure yet but I'm thinking about getting 2 rapid led Corona lights. They are a little more then what I want to spend but I have one over my 50 gallon Cube, and the coral are growing very well. Once the tank is cycled I'm taking the cube down so I'll have one already. They ramp up and down, wifi controlled all the bells and whistles. Since I have one already I'll get 2 more 3 should over the tank nicely.

Finish filling the tank today and had it running everything was good. But one of my return lines bulkhead would not stop leaking no matter what I did. So going to try to find one locally and redo that section hopefully it doesn't leak.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Finish filling the tank today and had it running everything was good. But one of my return lines bulkhead would not stop leaking no matter what I did. So going to try to find one locally and redo that section hopefully it doesn't leak.
Where did you get the bulk head. I order some from Amazon and had the same issue. I think the seal was dry rotted. Went to my LFS and got a new one and it stopped leaking.

1522200338247276807053.jpg 15222004188169426262.jpg Since my budget is pretty much shot I picked up some black box lights off eBay for my tank. They are viparspectra timer 165w with a digital timer only one plug and a remote controlled. Got 3 of them for $350. I had some black boxes in the past but the quality of these newer ones are actually pretty decent for how much they cost it's a nice light. The spread and color reminds me of my t5s not much of a disco ball effect. One thing that's nice about them is that I can upgrade them to SB Reefs led board down the road which has a better spectrum. We'll see how they do when I start adding Coral to tank. 20180327_141620.jpg 20180327_141633.jpg 15221997743251290597674.jpg

Last edited:

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
If you're good with rewiring and stuff, you can connect this to a bluefish controller or to one of those single controllers so you can control them all together.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
yeah I'm good with that kind of stuff I'll have to look into it.

oceanrevlightschem-jpg.675607

This is an ocean revive fixture but should work the same, I believe they all use the same built in controllers or a version of it. give you an idea of how to approach it though!