• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Christmas Cop-out

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So, as I sit here waiting for my RODI for a water change, drinking quality bourbon (Knob Creek Small Batch) out of a small plastic cup (which I had in hand as I was doing fish stuff), I decided to share my holiday decor.

I hate holiday decor. I love the season. I hate the work.

So! Being an ex-artist I decided to blatantly plagiarize something I had seen on the net which conveys:
1) Decorating for the holidays showing pretense of effort
2) A true knowledge of Christmas specials
3) Decor which makes folks laugh and recollect said specials from #2
4) Minimal annual effort (10 minutes per year) after the initial effort of a few hours

Here's my house...

IMG_2834_zps26kkerps.jpg

Here's a zoom in...

IMG_2836_zpslfvr752z.jpg

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice, lol. I don't know why but it's something I enjoy, it's one thing I get to create myself. Actually got some of these spinning white disco ball things and pointed them up in the trees, makes a neat effect.

haha I just got done doing ours today, I was thinking of buying some of the cheap chinese led fixtures off ebay and hanging them puttin towards the street :x

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was thinking about them myself, pretty neat, i've seen a few near where i live.

How is the coverage Jim. Was thinking about them, just not sure if they would give me good coverage for the whole house

Its pretty wide, the farther back you get the more spread. Lynn placed three of them fairly close to the house, and has it all covered. I think if she went back another 10 feet she could get the neighbors too. :)

Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My neighbor has only one and it lights up the whole front of the house and up the large oak trees she has. It is maybe 20 feet from the house.

I also saw on the news the concern of these lights shooting up into the sky and hitting pilots eyes. So buy them now before they pull them off the market.

Last edited:

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
First off, Mark and Paul, you guys cracked me up with those posts!

Lynn found these a BB&B, and with a coupon got them for around $30.00.
Jim, we've been looking for something like this for a while now. Were the one's you bought at BB&B the same as the link, or just something similar? I can't find those on their website.

Paul B

NJRC Member
I have 4 of those Star Showers and one for inside the house. They are sold out but I want to get 3 more. Love the things.

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
just saw on news that you can get a fine for having these lights if pointing to high at aircraft..